what would happen if i drank alcohol and antibiotics and vicodin?

tinker wrote:

what would happen if i drank alcohol while on antibiotics and vicodin?

It makes the effects of the vicodin a lot stronger. It is also dangerous, but I admit that I have done it before.

i just did it it make the pain go away with only one vicodin instead of two but it is very dangerous too easy to O.D. I probably won't do it again you get screwed up ahrdcore :-S

It's not just the combined narcotic effect of alcohol and the codeine in vicodin you have to worry about -- it's the combined effect of alcohol and the acetominophen in vicodin on the liver. Especially if you also take another form of acetominophen (such as Tylenol). It's been known to cause acute liver failure.

In some ways, the notion that alcohol makes vicodin's effects stronger is a myth and outright wrong. Alcohol stops your live from metabolyzing. Thus, any vicodin that is not yet metabolized will be metabolized slower, and have less effect, than if alcohol was not in the system. It may, however, make any previously digested vicodin's effects stronger.

The risk of liver failure is not a myth. Having one substance (alcohol) tell a liver to stop metabolyzing and another (vicodin) telling it to metabolyze is not a good idea and not easy on the liver.