I need someone to help me with info about percocet addiction. The thing is I had a mild car accident a month ago and have injured my leg and arm so I was prescribed percocet as a pain reliever. But I’ve red percocet is actually a drug and I’m afraid it might cause me some serious side effects or I might become addicted. So would you please tell me something general about percocet and percocet addiction?

Hi there! I was on percocet for longer than 4 months I had some head and shoulder injury that caused me prolonged pain so I was prescribed percocet to reduce my pain. Anyway I could only tell it helped me a lot the thing is that you need to use it exactly as it is prescribed. Percocet is Schedule II medications meaning it is a strong drug that could develop percocet addiction especially if it is used on a long run. Percocet in fact is the combination of oxycodone which is very strong drug that manages the strong pain and of acetaminophen whose purpose is to increase the oxycodone effects. So I remember I was strongly recommended not to use percocet with alcohol or some other medications or tranquilizers or sedatives. Also avoid chewing or crushing the percocet pills for in that way the oxycodone is more easily relived and this might cause an overdose effect. Just drink it with a plenty of water and limit its use on short period of time. I occasionally felt some mild headache and stomach upset but generally I was fine with percocet but of course there’re some percocet side effects such as-dizziness, blurred vision, sedation, vomiting, nausea, fatigue, headache, constipation and the more severe percocet side effects are drug dependence meaning percocet addiction which needs to be treated in rehab center and the withdrawal could last longer than few months.

After a pretty bad disc herniation with nerve damage, I was put on endocet 5/325mg. (5mg of oxycodone and 325mg of acetaminophen.) The doctor gave me 60 pills for a 7 day period. (a little over 8 pills a day.) I was on the endocets for about 14 weeks before the doctor dropped me as a patient and I went through the nastiest 10 day withdrawal of my life. Later I was put back on the drug for 11 days, but reduced the dose to about 6 pills a day.
The 10mg reduction made a huge diference when I came off of the drug. The withdrawal wasn't Fun, but it was tolerable. DO NOT USE A DRUG TO GET OFF OF A DRUG!...You will become dependent on that as well and have to then withdraw from that!
Try to gradually reduce the dosage as best you can. You will be so much better off in the end to mildly suffer for a week than to get addicted to another drug.
Don't seek methadone and suboxon: they are addictive too!
Just plan on having about 7-10 days of not feeling perfect. After that, you will feel better than you can imagine. Absolutely true. Try it.

asdfa dsfadf asdfasdf