Hello! I sometimes use Naproxen for pain in my left elbow. I don't know the reason and what causes this pain. I don't remember I hurt my elbow nor had any injury even near it. Sometimes I can't sleep during the night but then I take Naproxen for few days and it really helps. A friend of mine had a car accident two years ago. She sometimes feels awful pain in her legs and she takes Vicodin. Does Naproxen have the same effects as Vicodin?

Hi! Both Naproxen and Vicodin are used to treat pain, so we can say their effects are almost the same but they are very different. Naproxen is non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug used usually to treat pain and inflammation in conditions such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, bursitis and menstrual cramps. The most frequent side effects and complaints are connected to gastrointestinal tract. Vicodin is narcotic analgesic also used to treat moderate pain but it may be habit forming, like all narcotics. It should be taken strictly according the doctor's prescription and if taken for a longer period of time it may create withdrawal problems when you stop using it.