After few years fighting with terrible menstrual pain, I visited my doctor. He told me I have menstrual cramps that can be treated with Celbrex. I’ve heard this is first of a new class of non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Now I want to know if that is right medicine for me. Also if that is so, I would like more about Celbrex.

I don’t know why you doubt Celbrex is right medicine for you if your doctor prescribed you that. Yes, it is normally prescribed for acute pain, menstrual cramps and the pain and inflammation of osteoarthritis. Also, rheumatoid arthritis can be treated with it. Celbrex is also called “COX-2 inhibitor” or NSAID, which mean non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. He fight pain and inflammation by inhibiting effect of a natural enzyme called COX-2. Celbrex is easy on the stomach, but it still poses some degree of risk. Stomach ulcers and gastrointestinal bleedings in the past make this risk higher. If you ever had such problems make sure your doctor is aware of it before you start take Celbrex. Your doctor should be award too if there were any digestive problems or black stools. Side effects can’t be anticipated with Celbrex, so if any occur you should be informed as soon as it is possible.