My father is diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. He was offered to choose between Mobic and Celebrex. One of those medications would be his therapy for arthritis. But the main problem is which one he should choose? Do you have any idea regarding this? Which one is a better arthritis medicine: Mobic vs Celebrex?

Both of those two medications are in group called non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Both have almost the same qualities. And, also both have the same risks. Which one to use is, according to mine opinion, doctors decision? He or she must be informed about present health condition of your father and I believe that can make the decision easier.

Well I just stumbled on this today, but yes the drugs are very similar. Mobic should be tried first. Mobic is less expensive, less likely to cause cardiac or gastrointestinal problems, and only slightly less effective than Celebrex. The difference is that Celebrex was designed to specifically target the COX-2 enzyme.