I have chronic headaches and have been taking percocet 10/325 for about a year now. I take 4.5 a day and I think its time to quit. I wonder am I addicted? How do I stop taking them? I find myself taking them as soon as I wake up and even though I take half, I take at least 4 a day. Is that a lot? Can I go cold turkey? Will I have side effects? I want to stop taking them,but I don't want to take a another drug to do it. I have kids and I don't want them to think their mom has a problem.

I have and taking 5 / 325 12 to 14 or 7 or 8 10 / 325 a day on and off for 10 years. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. part of me wants to keep taking them but the biggest part of me wants to stop and I'm scared. i can do what I need to physically and work and do what I need to do but mentally I'm numb, depressed, non feeling, and moody. I know my tolerance level is up again but I'm terrified to take more than I am because of the Tylenol mainly. I'm already taken five thousand milligrams of Tylenol a day in the perks I take. these have consumed my life and I want to feel again. but without them and very much like everyone else I feel I can't do anything when I try to withdraw the mental is extremely bad. I'm 46 years old and raise two grandchildren. I just don't know what to do anymore can someone please help???