I was precribed percocet for chronic pain. I decided that I no longer wished to take the drug when I realized that I had become dependant. If I didn't take a dose, I started feeling really awful. I want to withdraw without the use of any other drug. I'm looking for help/suggestions on how to relieve the withdrawal symptoms...again, drug free. Any help will be soooo appreciated. Thanks

Hi, I am in the same situation and tried to cold turkey the percocet, forget it, it was awful, I went to dr. and he put me on Suboxen and I am at day three, and feel much better, still shaky and hard to sleep but not that feeling from no percocet. Please give it a try. I was at deaths door with the pain meds. K

! Watch out for that Suboxone!!!!! Yes, you feel better, but good luck trying to get off it. I am taking Suboxone as part of a detox plan from Oxycontin addiction. Believe me, they are very similar (Percocet is Oxycodone Hydrochloride and Oxycontin is Oxycodone) - Very similar. When finding any withdrawal remedy, you want to stay away from the Opiates (Percocet, Oxycontin, Vicodin, etc.). My psychiatrist... and yes, I have one now as a result of all this, prescribed Clonidine. This is a high blood pressure medicine which helps alleviate some of the withdrawal simptoms of opiates, including Suboxone, which is a mild opiate. So here is what you need to do: Every day, take less and less Suboxone, but just enough to feel okay. While doing this, take 2 Advil in the morning and 2 at night. These will help you sleep, are not habit forming, and help with withdrawal simptoms. Continue this until you are taking literally crumbs of Suboxone per day. Get a script of Clonidine from your doc, and continue to take the Advil & Clonidine as needed. This WILL work... Good Luck!!!

I have been hospitalized four times in 9 mos. 2 major surgeries. (colon resection with complications), neck fusion on 4 discs with titanium plate installed, and have a hernia that they want to fix. I stopped taking my percocet (10-325) while consuming 8 to 10 per day. I am on day 4 and cannot describe the depression, lack of energy and all that other fun stuff you hear about. Called DR. said it will last 5 to 7 more days. Hope to God he's right. Can anyone confirm this, cause if this is hell I will sin no more.

Suboxone is worth it...try it. It does work. It saved my life. It really isnt that hard to get off of if you slowly taper off. Work with your dr to find a taper method that works for you and only taper when you are ready to do so. For me it was 9 months. It took a month and a half to taper down to nothing and then about a week with nothing to feel no aches at all again but nothing like having to detox from opiates.

Suboxone is not easy to get off even when you taper it slow. I went from 2mg to 1mg of suboxone and am suffering major withdrawls. Be careful before you start and suboxone treatment your trading one drug for another. Only difference is suboxone withdrawls last much longer becaue of the long half-life. It stays in your system much longer

have you ever looked up what Clonidine will do to ya? Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder, hun. ALL of these drugs CAN be addictive, but THAT is all decided by the Person who takes them. if you are a person who tends to develop Habits , then Yes, a Drug can BECOME habit forming. EVERYone seems to have a story behind, "THIS DRUG made ME do THAT:....but you NEVER seem to hear the stories about "THIS DRUG helped ME LIVE a PRODUCTIVE LIFE". Everybody DOWNGRADES Pain pills.....but with MY Nerve Damage, and my CONSTANT pain, i cannot LIVE withOUT them....and to ALL you NAYsayers: if i were addicted: i would ask for stronger medicine.....yet i have been on the SAME DOSAGE for 3 years.
*****What HELPS One...MAY NOT Help Another
Yet, What Helps One, May Save Another
*****To The WORLD, YOU Are Just SOMETHING....but to ME, YOU Are EVERYTHING!
(don't Be SHORT WITH yourself...treat YOURSELF better) !
hAVE some control.....AND IF YOU DON'T, AT LEAST DON'T BLAME IT ON OTHERS