I was in a car accident and fractured my c-1 c-6 c-7, skull and other less relevant thigs. I have been on norco 10/325 in varying amounts but most recently 5-6 a day ever since the accident (5 years). My pain mgmnt doc has been trying to wean me off unsuccesfully and has switched me to percocet 5/325 3x daily. It is not helping at all. He told me to go up to 4 a day but I've told him that even 2 at a time does not even touch the pain. Why is this happening?

Your addicted to your pain medication and perc 5's wont help until your not addicted to the higher doseage of norco's.

i have had 5 knee surgerys and have been on norcos 10/325 for 4 years. my dr tellin me to take up to 6 a day and i wont lie i do take bout 10. I go to a different doctor that speciallizes in stomach issues... he gave me 5/325 oxycodone and said to take 1 daily. I went to the they filled it at the pharmacy and then when i went to pick up my norcos a few days later the pharmist wouldnt let me fill cuz i got the oxys. she said she needed the dr to authurize it. only problem was it was a saturday and he couldnt be reached.

the pharmacist said it didnt make since that the other dr gave me the oxy which was stronger... but i disagree.... if i take one of those 10/325 i can feel it better that 2 5/325 oxys..

so i had to go through withdrawls till my dr got reached...

just got in a debate with the pharmacy bout which one is stronger... she said 5/325 oxy and my body tells me 10/325 norco... i know everybodys body is different...

i refill my norcos every 10 days..he gives me sixty.. so thats 6 a day. If i take 6 of those 5/325 oxys i dont feel anything barely.

Due to increasingly chronic/severe osteoarthritis and orthopedic issues, I'm on 10-12 (2 @ time) Norco 10/325's p/day. All of these meds, percocet, vicodin, norco, etc. are the same thing but in varying doses. The first number is the milligrams of narcotic. 5's vs 10's is obvious. 10 is twice as much. The second number is the amount of acetominaphen mixed with the narcotic. One can wean off with time and lessened dosage given one's metabolism and patience with withdrawal symptoms but your pain will still be there. I'm a redhead and they've been proven to require subtantially more pain medication for a variety of reasons. I have a very high tolerance to narcotics in general and a very low pain threshold, giving me a problem not easily dealt with. I require a larger amount of narcotic to alleviate my pain. I get virtually no "fun" from the meds as do abusers. I simply stop hurting. As my body continues to get worse and the pain increases, I'll have to seek other means to medicate because I'm at the limit now. Harder painkillers such as oxycodone work but are so much more addictive that they create a whole new string of issues.

Percocet is oxycodone.

I am on norco 10/325 12 a day 2 at a time. also ms contin (morphine sulfate continuous release) 60mg 3 times a day. works very well. take less of the morph sometimes cause it does sometimes make me groggy, not what i want. looking for better quality of life and ability to function daily like normal people. Have arthritis, fused spine, bi-lateral hip surgery, multiple knee surgeries including replacement. I hate that my day revolves around pills, but its the nature of the beast. My body is addicted to the meds and that is also par for the course if your going to live with your pain and have a good quality of life. I have a great doctor that listens to me. ( I interviewed him before i took him on as my doc and told him what i need from my doc ). That is my suggestion.

i can understand what your talking about. for almost 4 years now, i have used opioid pain medications to control pain from a bad snowboard accident. i misjudged a 4 foot jump and landed on my back with my board slamming over my head and sandwiching my back in the process. i have 4 herniation/disc bulges in my lumbar/lower back region and a torn tail bone that also developed a cystic mass but was drastically reduced over the course of 3x epidural cortisone injections.

i went from ultram to tylenol 3 then 4 then vicodin ES 7.5 and then norco 10/325.

vicodin and norco are the same, both contain hydrocodone however norco has far less Tylenol compared to vicodin. i will suggest those going over their own limit in medication to STOP. taking too much vicodin or percocet or any other medicine containing acetaminophen/tylenol as this will likely lead to liver dysfunction and possible failure resulting in death..

TYLENOL IS HEPATOXIC TO THE LIVER IF YOU USE MORE THAN THE MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED DOSE.

now that that's out of the way, i was switched from 10mg norco, 6 a day to 10mg perc 6 a day. my doctor wont prescribe me plain oxycodone yet for fear of abuse potential. ive been using tylenol daily close to the max limit for almost 2 years and its getting to me horribly.

its sad that doctors place fear of abuse over patients pain and quality of life :/ so its another month. and i was using morphine before, MSCotin, so why is OxycodoneCR a problem? since i tolerate hydrocodone, similar to oxycodone better than morphine. way worst constipation vs hydrocodone! for me that is.

in SoCal Oxycodone abuse is rampant, but i even have MRI results that show a 6mm bulge/hernia/smashed disc. and what she does is tell me to buy a ridiculously expensive alpha-stim machine and slap on lidoderm patches.

i mean i have to live you know. cant work or go to school. depressing.. im lucky my last dr (physiologist that gave me epidurals) gave me 3 refills of my norco 6 a day. and don't even ask me about the month that the pharmacy switched brands on me.. oh god... hell for a month..

im only 21, but my mother being a nurse i have access to clinical pain management manuals and have a long history of research on the subject and one thing she said irked me: "if your sleeping your not in pain"

there is a difference between being exaushted and being put to sleep with valium (diazepam) and cyclobenzaprine because you dont have any relief and actually SLEEPING WELL.

hang in there guys, and research your drugs, and ALWAYS always, watch the Tylenol (acetaminophen). its a liver killer in high amounts :/

feel better guys. i just needed to vent...

the fact is that to be honest, your norco 10's r more of a relief to you because that is the medicine your body is used to and norco is a VERY effective medicine. oxy is truely not as helpful as the 2 norco every 4 hours because first off ur doc should have prescribed u at least 10mg oxy n second try taking 1 oxy n 2 norco n u will have a fairly good amount of relief. I've got a disease in my elbow and have gone threw almost every pain medicnie availible and Norco has still been the most effective because it seems to be the most effective pain receptor blocker, even when i have to go and get 3 shots of hydromorphine at the ER 2 norco 10's r comparable to the relief that that medicine gives.. bassically im saying stick with the norco 10's because they do work n technically u can take 2, and 2 hours later take 1, n then 2 hours later take 2 more, with taking 800mg ibeprofin with the 1 inbetween cause that will help with the pain and inflamation going on and should give you a great amount of relief. I hope you pain will be taken care of and wish you the best of luck!

percocet is oxycodone, norco is hydrocodone not the same at all

Is there alot of difference between oxycodone 5 mg and norco 10/325?

Guest wrote: I know this is a older post, but anyone mentioning a pharmacy refuse to fill a script sets me off. Pharmisist are pharmisist not Doctors! I had this happen to me, I had to explain with people behind me my medical issues to the pharmisist. Then he said if I would bring him the unused portion of the other script, he would fill the new one.  If this happen to you, do the following and you have a good chance they will fill it.

1. Tell them you are suffering, they are adding to your problems, you feel your being singled out, harrased and tell them you feel they are playing doctor.

2. Let them know you are immbarresed you had to explain your medical condition publicly.

3. Then say "will you fill this script or not? 

4. If they tell you they won't, tell them you will be back shortly. Then go home and write out a paper what happened including time, date, address of the Pharmacy and include the pharmisist name.

5. Return and ask the pharmisist to read and sign the paper, if he refuses tell him you want your script back. They must legally return it to you and then go to a different pharmacy.

6. Complain to the state and to there company and call an attorney.

It's horrible the hoops you have to jump thru when your sick and there's no reason you have to put up with it.  The desicion not to fill your script strictly falls on the pharmisist and not the pharmacy. Those pharmisist that want to over step and paly doctor need to be removed, there not suffering. We are!!!!!

Patche

I HAVE BEEN IN SEVERAL BAD CAR ACCIDENTS AND HAD CERVICAL SURGERY.  I HAVE CHRONIC BACK PAIN AND IT INCREASED AFTER A RECENT FALL.  I HAVE DISC DEGENERATION AT L5 S1 AND BULGING DISC IN THE MIDDLE SECTION OF MY BACK.  RECENTLY I HAVE BEEN TOLD I HAVE DEVELOPED A CYST WHICH HAS CAUSED MORE PAIN THEN EVER. I ALSO HAVE CHRONIC FATIGUE SYDROME I HAVE BEEN ON 5 325 PEROCET WHICH I HAD TO INCRFEASE TO 2 EVERY 4 HOURS.  MY DOCTOR WANTED TO INCREASE ME TO 10 325 BUT THE INSURANCE IS GIVING ME A HARD TIME ABOUT PAUING FOR IT.  WE ARE TRYING TO GET IT APPROVED BUT UNTIL THEN I HAVE TO CONTINUE TAKING THE 5 325 ALONG WITH OTHER MEDICATIONS TO DULL THE PAIN SO THAT I CAN FUNCTION HALF WAY  NORMAL.  CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE 10'S REALLY MADE A BIG DIFFERENCE OR TAKING 2 5'S WERE OK?

Not addicted, dependant.  There is a difference.  Addiction is a complex physical and mental reaction to the MISUSE of pain meds. 

For me it' more about what I don't feel as opposed to what I do.

First of all, Pharmacists have to get their PharmD to be licensed which does give them the title of Doctor and they are 100% within their legal rights to tell you they will not fill your prescription so go ahead and call the state and an attorney and look like a fool for trying to take action against a Doctor of Pharmacy who wouldn't give you NARCOTICS... pharmacists generally know more about medications than doctors do and it is their license that is at stake & no one that had to go through difficult schooling is going to risk losing that for some addict...judging by your spelling you probably have no post-high school education...if even a high school diploma.