My mom had a breast cancer surgery, and she is in a lot of pain at the moment. She feels it in the breasts and the underarms area. Her doctor prescribed her percocet now, and we would like to know what kind of drug this percocet is as she hasn’t used it before. Thank you in advance!

Percocet is a combination of acetaminophen (Tylenol) and oxycodone. It is prescribed for moderate to severe pain. Oxycodone works by binding to the pain receptors in the brain so that the sensation of pain is reduced and acetaminophen halts the production of prostaglandins which otherwise cause pain. Used together like in percocet these two may provide better pain relief than either medicine used alone.

I have been on 10/325 percs for a year now. They are very addictive, stop while u have the chance. I am still on them and go about one week out of a month w/o them and i am so miserable w/o them. I wish i was never put on them. But i am not ready to get off of them yet, no i am not in denial. i just love them so until i am ready i will take em. 8-|