Hi, im 18 years old, female, and not pregnant. Ok well all these symptoms started about 3 months ago, I was in the mall just got done eating and went into hallmark and I suddenly felt extremely light headed and my whole face got really red, I went to the car and sat down and I was texting and I dropped my phone my right arm got totally weak and I couldnt even hold the phone then right after I felt like I couldn't breath. Went to the ER they did nothing really just bloodwork, normal, BP, normal, temp, normal, pulse, normal. So they shrugged it off as anxiety/panic attacks. I am not so sure that's it! Since then I have had multiple tests, bloodwork for my heart all normal, 3 EKG's all normal, hormone tests all normal, mono test normal, underactive and overactive thyroid both normal, brain MRI normal (which they said rules out MS) (which MS does run in my family) nerve MRI which showed damage in my neck, lower back, and both legs. So anyway, These are a complete list of my multiple, crazy symptoms! And they each last about 4-5 days then a new symptom appears I don't want to imagine what's next! :( this is real hell! Every day of my life. I just want to be normal again! Symptoms: -left eye twitching -(only sometimes) seeing my heart pounding in my chest) -crushing feeling in my chest -weakness (ONLY) on right side -purplish color fingernails -inner trembling almost like a buzzing feeling (I do NOT drink coffee and I hate chocolate) (my blood sugar just got tested normal) -very bad dizziness -when standing/walking legs feel like rubber but very "heavy" in a way -weird feeling in my head like an empty/numb feeling and when I itchy my face I can feel it but it feels "weird" (don't know if that makes sense) -bad coordination can't walk in a straight line -feeling hot and cold at the same time -hot flushes -random red face -random pale face -bad headaches -inner coldness in one spot on my body (totally random and can be anywhere on my body) -hearing my heart beat in my ears (yeah weird doesn't make sense) -stiff feet (when trying to wiggle my toes on my right foot they don't "seperate" -itchiness all over in random places (only about 3 places at a time itch, then a new one starts) So has anyone else ever had these weird symptoms!? My doctor said most of it is due to my nerve damage, but the eye twitching, inner trembling, blank feeling in my head, dizziness, headaches, and loss of coordination could be due to something else. But my neuro doctor said this is not just due to anxiety/depression that the nerve damage is there and real. I am so sick of other doctors saying anxiety and that I'm fine! I'm NOT! I used to love life now I don't even want to wake up in the morning! And it's not depression yeah maybe im getting depressed because of all this but thats not the answer to all these symptoms! I also wanted to pacify my psychiatrist and i did start prozac 6 weeks ago has not helped not one bit. I just don't want to feel ill 24/7 anymore! Please help! Please! Thanks so much!!

Hello Jenn,

I'd need to know more about the nerve damage you have to say something concrete however it does sound like your experiencing anxiety and perhaps depression over your symptoms.  When you don't feel well that certainly can make you depressed.  Prozac doesn't work for everyone and certainly not if you don't need it.  It does sound like you have a lack of motivation which would indicate some depression.  One natural way to get rid of anxiety and depression is to exercise.  This is very important.  See if you can find a friend who will exercise with you every day.  It helps to have a partner.  If you don't want to exercise on a given day your friend will encourage you to go and you will feel obligated to accommodate them.  This helps you to keep up the good work.  Try something simple at first like walking or bike riding and I know before long you will perk up.

I'm not sure it's depression and anxiety. It seems like those are the result of the symtoms rather than the cause. I am a 34 year old male and without going into great detail...about a year ago I started to experience awful symtoms after doing the Insanity work out for about 2 months. I started having discomfort in my chest. It was not during the workout but about an hour after. I just ignored it but it progressively got worse...headaches, more chest pain, side pain, back pain, shortness of breath...palpitations, numbness and tingling in my hands and feet, an overall sick feeling...nausea, dizziness, etc. I have been to many doctors and have had ekgs, a stress test, a heart monitor holster, an event monitor, many blood tests, Hepititas test, HIV test, Lyme disease test, thyroid, fasting blood sugar, chest X-rays, a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. They all came back normal, my doctor felt then that it may be anxiety, but I lived a normal life before the day these symtoms started, I am easy going and fun loving, but not anymore...I feel old and run down, especially tired of doctors trying to tell me it's anxiety or depression, the only thing I'm depressed about is feeling this way. I have short periods of feeling healthy and I am my old happy self while the illness is gone. My advice to anyone in our situation is not to give up, trust your feelings, and trust that you will figure it out sooner or later.

Oh you poor thing! I also experience these same feelings...I am 47 and have been experiencing the same symptoms since I was your age. They come and go but they are back worse then ever. I have numbness in my face, lightheaded all the time, numbness in my legs and arms, feel foggy, can't concentrate and all my doctors say its stress after all tests keep coming back negative. Its so frustrating because I am only stressed becasue I feel this way!!! All the time. I don't have time to make this up...I have 6 kids and a full time job and for them to tell me its stress is so frustrating when I know my own body. Have you had any luck?????