For the last two months I have felt not my self at all. First symptom that arose was a feeling of unsteadiness or tingling sensation around my head most of the time on the right side toward the back top of my head but it would also make my face feel tingly but not below my upper lip. Second were headaches never the same time and not every day either. The headaches are not real painful but I never had headaches before this. And the same time I had pain in my knees, calf muscles, and buttocks, the pain was like having sore muscles after running but I had not done any activity to warrant this pain. I also feel very fatigued even after getting 8 hours of sleep. Some times I also have a ringing in my ears maybe once every other day and never both ears. Any help would be great.

You definitely have to see a doctor and run some tests. The symptoms you have been experiencing could be indicating many different things and to know for sure, you need to be examined. The sore muscle pain and lethargy even remind chronic fatigue syndrome or fybromyalgia. Fibromyalgia is a condition in which a previously healthy person develops unexplained exhaustion, fatigue and muscle aches and pains that last for more than six months. In these situations, doctors are unable to find the cause and all blood tests appear to be normal. Chronic fatigue syndrome is characterized by unexplained fatigue, weakness, muscle pain, feeling poorly, trouble thinking, and sometimes, fever and/or lymph node swelling. Some people may have problems with irritable bowel syndrome and many are tested positive for the presence of Epstein bar virus. Chronic fatigue syndrome is usually presented with severe symptoms but they may start as mild ones. The treatment of both of the diseases consists more-less of combination of medication and self-care and is oriented on relieving the symptoms and improving general health.

Have your B-12 levels checked. Its not a routine test, its a very specific test. The sysmpoms you have match a deficiency.

anemia can cause headaches, dizziness and inability to concentrate. not sure why you have muscle pain tho.

ruis I understand what you are going through except I have two small children that I am raising at this time (saying you don't) anyhow it seems to get worse when I'm really angry or upset and always at night time! I don't have headaches with the sympton I have had two CT scans (for other reasons) but this is about to drive me OVER THE EDGE I don't think I can take one more day of it!

Hi, I'm replying to ruit's message.

I'm kinda relieved to find i'm not the only one experiencing this.
For the past year now I've had unsteady feelings where I feel as though I'm about to fall over. I've been to 6 different doctors who have given me basic neurological tests and I've seen a neurologist.
Everybody is saying i'm a hypocondriac and it's just stress induced.
I've been getting headaches and twitching in my neck. I'm constantly shaking in my arms and legs.
I'm terrified the doctors are wrong and I've got MS or something else that's horrible.

I need to talk to someone. Please help.

hi people, :-) i really dont think there is anything major wrong here. As i get exactly the same symtoms at least once aday but i know mine is caused by anxiety and panic attacks for some reason. i've been prescribed antidepressants and they do work wonders. You should look up anxiety and read what all the symtons are, then go to the doctors and explain this then hopefully they may be able to help you. I hope this is the reasons why you r experiencing these uncontrollable feelings because then you will know that there is nthing wot so ever physically wrong with you, as anxiety is the mind taking over the body but it can b treated in time.I hope this has helped you alittle :-) :-) good luck

Hi thankyou so much for your kind reply.
I have been suffering from depression from a young age and been on anti depressants for years now.
Maybe this is just another blip and my depression is just getting the better of me. It just seems so strange that such physical symptoms can occur that I have never experienced before when I've been anxious.
I've recently come off the contraceptive pill so maybe my hormone levels are off. Just can't stop trembling.

:-) Hi lauralu im glad you found what i wrote a little helpful. But exactly the same happened to me i'd been on loads of different anti-depressants from a young age, my brother was killed when i was 12 and i dont think i really new how to deal with it then :'( (27 now). I've got three wonderful young children all under 5 and they say the more you have the better the birth is suppose to get. Unlucky for me they got worse and had a few scary moments, so i think in time my body was not just physically drained but mentally to and then one day i just started getting all these trembling feelings, tight chested, and feeling the best way to describe is as through i were on a boat very unsteady like the floor was moving but i would be stood still. It was'nt until i looked up panic attacks that i noticed anxiety and BINGO there was all my symtons. o.O I know that tablets will never get rid of it so im looking at the Charles Lindam method anythings worth ago to be cured forever. :-)

Dizziness, ringing in the ear, off balance feeling, tingling in or around the face, fatigue, loss of hearing, fullness feeling in the ear can be cause by an acoustic neuroma which I had..The tumore was surgically removed 3 months ago and left me deaf on operated side, but I am alive and doing well.

Wow! That sounds really scary! I'm really sorry that you went through all of that but I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and that you were able to get surgery. Can you tell us more about your story? How long were you living that way?

I started or should I say my children noticed my hearing loss in 2006. I finally consented to a hearing test. The ENT sent me for an MRI. B/c in Ont there is a long wait ( I was told by nurse 9 months to a year) I decided to pay privately for the test. Like who wants to wait for a test to see if one has a brain tumor. I received a cd of the MRI and of course looked at it. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to see the tumor. This was Aug 5...I had to wait til end of Aug to see ENT to confirm the dx. Then I reseached everything I could on acoustic neuroma. I decided on surgery vs radiation as surgery removed the tumor and radiation just arrested the growth but the dying tumor would remain in my head... I was a lucky one who didnt wake up with facial paralysis, double vision, no dry eye...but I do suffer from minor headaches and dizziness...but I"m alive. My post surgery symptons are livable and doable...
surgery was 7 hrs long. they had to leave a bit of the tumor behind to save the facial nerve...Radiation in the future if Booger decides to grow. The first 3 days were not pleasant. But once they had me on my feet and walking, I felt much better. And for being brain surgery, all I was on was reg. tylenol X2 every four hours. I couldnt believe it. nothing stronger!! but there was no pain...

I would like to note that an Acoustic Neuroma (AN) is extremely rare so usually this is not the case. Regarding surgery vs. radiation, in the case of AN, radiation is almost always a better choice if at all possible. Some people hate the idea that they will have some dead tissue left in their head but considering the usual consequences of surgery this is meaningless. Radiation treatment works well in 98% of cases and preserves hearing/balance/nerves in almost all cases and even improves losses due to the tumor. Surgeons just like to operate so it's always important to get a second opinion and do research on the net. There is actually a site which documents actual results of radiation for AN. Additionally these days there is a higher tendency for a wait and see approach since some AN cases progress very slowly or not at all...

Yes AN are somewhat rare....1 in 100,000....some stats are 2 in 100,000.....Large tumors have to be surgically removed...many factors play a role in treatment. Most Canadian docs go the wait and watch....some small tumors can cause large problems while some large tumors give very little problems....Location, size and shape all play a roll in treatment. Also radiation only arrest the growth of the tumor but it still remains inside the head, while surgery removes the freeloader from head....I am 5 months post op and have some post op problems but very minor in nature but neverless it dimishes my quality of life...but hey I'm alive and I manage.

I have heard of this, & it does originate with a cranial nerve or something in the head...near the region that causes Parkinsons. That is why you have the shaking in your arms & legs, it's related to a similar neurological region. I don't remember what it's called, I came across it cross-referencing on Wikipedia for things I've been experiencing last 8-9 years (intesified 10 fold in last 3). It's maddening & disturbing that doctors are commonly dismissing it as anxiety or hypocondria. Keep getting opinions & press it. It's not MS. It could be from a pinched nerve vertebrae which is causing an anomaly in receptors in the brain (run on nerve impulses).

I have forms of neuropathy showing up. I can have facial twitches, eye spasms...tingling/pain radiating down my arms. I've watched my fingers bounce, my arm shake or my leg twitch....I have fatigue & problems with balance/coordination.

Keeping looking into this