I was recently diagnosed with GERD by completing a barium swallow. I took achipex for a month, and when I stopped the medication problems with my throat started. I feel like I have lump on it, like my tonsils are swollen as big as my head. I’ve started with achipex to see if it will help with my lump throat. So has anyone else experienced something like this?

Yes, it sounds like the lump in your throat is a result of GERD. I guess you feel like you have a big ball of bread sitting in the bottom of your throat. And if you swallow you feel like food is sitting on the bottom of your throat. There are much more medications for GERD, beside achipex. That is nothing strange you have side effects for some medications. I know it is frustrating having all these side effects, but don’t give up. Don’t be embarrassed, just visit your doctor and ask for another medicine. Lump throat could really be caused by that medication, so don’t let something make your health worst if that’s not necessary. Do not worry because lump throat is totally harmless and will not causes you stop breathing, eating or drinking, it’s just very unpleasant.

The lump in throat feeling is easy to get rid of, along with your reflux. Reflux is not normal. Some doctors consider it to be normal. It is really your body telling you that you are eating the wrong things. I had this for years and got rid of it all my eliminating MSG from my diet.
Most people dont realise that MSG is in most foods that are processed.
Most people think MSG is only in chinese food.
If you do youre google on MSG you will discover that you are eating it at nearly every meal.
PLEASE RESEARCH MSG - continued ingestion by intolerant people leads to a real lot of bad stuff when you get older.
I first noticed this feeling at the age of 32 and took 12 years to identify the problem. Please dont disregard this post.

I have had acid reflux for over 20 years and it makes you feel like you have a lump in the back of throat. Ask your doctor for a acid reducer like nexium it is the best but also expensive so if nothing else take tums but this can cause other health problems if not treated, I have recently been told I have barretts esophogus it is pre cancerous and caused from all the vomiting from my acid reflux. I hope this helps

Hi. I need someones help. I got sick back in Aug and they told me I had coxsocie virus. Ever since then I have had many many test, and they tell me I have GERD. I can deal with that even thoug hI was fine until Aug. Now I hardly eat afet rbeing on only liquids. I have a constant feeling of food being stuck if I eat. If I dont eat but put something liquid in me and take acid med, im so so. My difference is this. 1/2 to 2 hours later i bring up solid food in small particles. i feel like i am being choked and my chest and back hurt now. i want to be normal again

I have a lump within my throat and it just started today after my dinner, it feels like a lump of food but I swallow it hurts a bit, I've tried drinking warm/hot drinks but they aren't working so well and I was just wondering if anyone knew how to rid this lump or if anyone knew the cause and if it is harmful or not

I felt the same odd sensation of a "lump" in my throat three days ago & it has not gone away. Today i went to the Dr. & they sent me for a Thyroid Ultrasound... Other than an enlarged Thyroid, my Dr. told me the only other explantion would be anxiety. Anxiety runs in my family and i was already aware that it affected me, so i talked to the people in my family with it and my aunt advised me that she ALWAYS has a "lump" in the throat. She advised me to go the WalMart & purchase Equate (its the WalMart off brand) Alergy Relief 10mg, non-drowsy... I took it five hours ago and the "lump" feeling is gone. She thinks it has to do with sinus drainage & anxiety. Totally weird... Try that and see if it works. I was convinced i had some kind of cancer of the throat & when i would think about it, i felt like the lump sensation would get worse. When i went to the Dr. today and had to lay down on the bed, i almost gagged because the lump sensation was so bad. Hopefully this will help you too.
Leah