Three days ago I started to get tingling - it's almost like a feeling of chills -on the right side of my head, behind the ear. It lasts for maybe 10-20 seconds and comes in waves - maybe once or twice every half hour. Yesterday it went away mid morning; this morning it came back and it hasn't gone away yet.

Coincidentally, I got my period yesterday. Could it be hormonal? I'm 47; deep in the throes of perimenopause.

Also: I'm hypoglycemic and this sensation is very similar to what I experience if my blood sugar is very low - but it CAN'T be low this morning because I ate - A LOT.

Anyone else feel weird sensations that come along with freakish menopausal hormone imbalances? Please share

I've been having the same symptoms and just googled tingling in head and came across your post. I get the same tingling near the surface of my head every so often. I'm 21 and wasn't really sure where it was coming from. The thing that struck me about your post is that I am also hypoglycemic, and even if I eat a lot I get the same feeling. Maybe it's something related to that?

Hi, I have been getting the same now for aprox 4 weeks, Mine starts in the right side of the had then all over like wearing a pair of sunglasses reted up on the top of my head.
I also then get tingling all over my body, lower legs and feet and hands and fingers, used to be just in right side butaftre a massage all over!
I am not diabetic but have recently stopped smoking 5 weeks ago with no replacement theropy.
Very wiered sensatations and stresses me out worrying about it

I too have the same tingling on the right side of my scalp by my ear. I've been getting the tingling here and there all week, and I too got my period last night. It doesn't seem that I have low sugar per my blood tests, but sometimes when I feel dizzy and take a glucose tablet (i carry them b/c somebody told me too) they always help. I am anemic and have thalassemia minor trait.
Just to mention, I live in the NE USA.
thanks,
K

I got my period today and it is happening for me as well but on the left side!

hi reading yr post is so strange i have been experiencing the exact same tingling on my scalp on the right side almost as if something crawlin through my hair its horrible i too have stopped smoking its been 15 weeks since i had my last fag and this has been happenin for about 6 weeks also readin through the other posts i have noticed other simulairtys like i am also aniemic . i love to find out what this is exactly can anyone advise plz

I get this symptom on and off usually after great stress and long periods on my CELL PHONE also at my job we carry wireless phones and when I first started right before they rang I would get a sharp pain in the same spot. Needless to say everyone thought I was losing it, well those pains have went away and i am left with the tingle (which is much more tolerable.. Yet this is my thought on the subject Maybe the sudden change in electro energy causes our nerves to twitch just like when your phone interupts your radio or internet signal and overuse of wireless devices causes some kind of interuption in the nervous system.. : :-S >;) :-S o.O

Gosh guys. I have the same thing. On the left side but up a bit. I have anxiety and tought it was that. I have other physical problems from it so I just thought "Anxiety again".Not diabetic but slightly high sugars. I am supposed to start my period this week but this has been going on for about 2 weeks. Hope we all find an answer. It's getting anoying!!

HI I have had this tingly feeling in my tongue , head and limbs for weeks now with dizziness , achy limbs and tiredness, i also gave up smoking 13 weeks ago, this is really stressing me out.

I have the same problem and I'm also Hypoglycemic but as far as know, I haven't pass out since I was 13, Now I'm going to be 25 .. It's been a while, So I'm not 100% sure if I'm still having this Low blood sugar thing, tho sometime when i don't eat during the day, I get weak and feel light headed easily...

The cold feeling, I first had that 2 years ago, scared me for days, It would last maybe 2 min then I'll feel like a release cold pressure running thru my head, even on top, I also get them in the back of my head, it's been 2 years and Now i'm getting it again, It came back Last week, just making me feel like there's something wrong with me, tho I am trying to see if I can get it check out. I do get stressed out for no reason, and I can't seem to find out why.

Dani :?

Hey I just came accross this post I too have been feeling tingling on the right side of my head which lasts for up to 20 seconds at max each time and I get it atleast 9 times a day I hate the feeling its so scary...I was just diagnosed with Anxiety disorder 3 weeks ago and have been taking anti-depresents for that and my CT Scan came up all clear apart from a mild right ethmoidal sinusitis and I have been taking anti biodics for those NOW, all of my anxiety symptoms seems to have gone since taking the anti-depresents but yet the tingling still remains(I dont have any symtpoms or after shocks after the tingling) so I really want to know what is wrong with me as no one has been able to give me any answers and all of my bloods that I had about 4 weeks ago came up fine and not only that but I was getting the head tingling on the right side before I was on any medication so it cant be the meds WHAT IS GOING ON I am scared its something im gonna die from

Hi, just found this post googling the same thing. Yup, tingling back right of head, I'm also perimenopausal and hypoglycemic. o.O

Very strange. Nice to not be alone - thank you.

I too get this tingling, it started about 5mos ago, just bits here and there, then it went to full blown headaches, CT shows nothing thank GOD, now its full time 24/7 with the tingling, its really driving me crazy, plz tell me it stops, i feel like im at wits end.

I am so relieved to see all of these posts...I too have the tingling issue...mine being on the left side however. i am 31-and the only other relation is that my periods have been coming every 2 weeks...dr put me on "the pill" to try to regulate me and it hasnt helped yet. The tingling sensation started a few weeks ago and has been by far the worst today....right now in fact. I have been feeling a little light headed here and there as well. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated! :-)

I AM HAPPY TO HEAR OTHERS HAVE THE SAME THING . I AM 60 AND NO OTHER PROBLEMS, THIS JUST STARTED ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO. I HAVE IT ALL DAY LONG COMES AND GOES. STARTS AROUND BEHIND MY RIGHT EAR GOES UP TO MY HEAD AROUND MY CHEECK. SEEMS TO BE MORE CENTERED AROUND MY TEMPLE AREA. WHAT IS IT?????? THOUGHT IT WAS STROKES OR SOMETHING.