I'm a 5'4, 20 year old female, weighing approx. 125-135lbs. Recently I've been having all these crazy symptoms and I don't know if they are just my imagination or if something is wrong with my body.

I have been diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, emotional intensity, PTSD, and Panic disorder. I am currently only taking Lorazepam .5mg 2x a day.

The most obvious symptom I have is that I ALWAYS have this "rush" feeling in my body, ALL day. It feels very uncomfortable, but it is more noticeable in the left side of my chest. It's hard to explain the exact feeling, but it just feels like there is some kind of energy always flowing through and it just really gets to me.

I get a lot of what feels like chest tightness. Every now and then I will also get a "spike" of pain in my chest, but it does not favor one side, it can happen to both sides. My chest sometimes feels very heavy.

I get headaches everyday. They vary in pain from mild to a migraine feeling. They are brought on very suddenly as well. I was attacked by another girl in October, I was hit in the head multiple times by her fists and possibly concussed, but I was not able to get any scans or check ups on my head, the ER and my doctor said they didn't think it was necessary because if something *was* wrong I would be dead by now. But, I still get headaches everyday.

Also, my hearts pulse rate is usually normal (around 84), but when I get up out of bed, or get up from sitting down, walking to the other side of the room, or going downstairs, my heart beats very hard and heavy and races, it's over working itself it feels like.

When I take showers my heart races and I have a hard heart beat. This often worries me and makes me scared to shower in fear that my heart is going to stop beating or I am going to fall. So sometimes while showering I have to stop and take a bath instead.

When trying to take deep breaths to calm my body down, it feels like it takes too much out of body to take a deep breath. It often does not calm down my body and feels like there is a lot of pressure when trying to deeply breathe.

I also have numerous body spasms during the day. To describe these in more detail.. I will be laying in bed and a little part of my calve or my thigh will twitch/spasm. But it happens all over my body, like in my bicep of my arms, or my hands. And most of the time when I am sitting down with my feet on the floor and my back against a chair, my inner thighs will vigorously twitch and I have to put my feet flat and hold my thighs for it to stop.

When I am laying in bed, I like to lay on my side, but lately I cannot lay on my left side because it makes my heart beat very hard and it feels uncomfortable. I have to usually lay on my back in order to not feel my heart beat anymore.

If anyone has any ideas or any information that could help as to why I am having any of these symptoms, please let me know! I have had EKG's done, the last one I had was in October, and they said it came out fine, but that I had palpitations.

Thank you so much. If any other information is needed please let me know, I will try my best!

Hi honey! EVERYTHING you have mentioned - except for the head (which I will get to) - is CLASSIC Panic attacks! What is happening is that your heart is going Arythmic and it feels like it is going to burst out of your chest or rev out of your body! And then it takes your breath away and you have to cough or you stop breathing because you are frightened! ALL of this IS depression/anxiety! It's SO hard for us to believe that ALL of this is happening JUST because your are depressed! Depression can cause the MOST problems of virtually ALL illnesses! I would like to see you on Clonazepam 0.5 1 per day - usually at bedtime! And what REALLY works for me is Cymbalta delayed release 30 mg - 1 per day! It has TRULY save my life and sanity! I was having those "episodes" about 20 times a day! IF I laid on my left side BABOOM! If I got hot, tired, too much caffeine BOOM! Also when we are on anti-anxiety or anti-depression pills this CAN cause Restless leg syndrome - the twitchy "Spasm: like movements! A great one for that is Melatonin - natural! BUT you need to address the stress and the anxiety first! I suggest talking to a counselor on WHAT you are NOT addressing or WHAT is upsetting you - and learning techniquest to relax! Also cut out ALL caffeine - including diet pops - ASPERTAME and MSG are your enemies! Get at least 8 hours of resting sleep! IF you are a worrier, take a pad and pen to bed and leave it by your bed, so IF you have a list of things to do, write it down! So you don't have to worry about little things! Write down what sets you off and WHY you think this is happening - has something happened which you haven't dealt with very well? I PROMISE you, you just need to find the right meds and you WILL be fine! BUT also get some outside help to teach you different techniques! And it can take upto 3 months for it to TOTALLY kick in! Hope this helps! Oh and one other thing WARM Milk is EXCELLENT for Calcium, magnesium which is great for "itchy" body and also a calming drink! My youngest son suffers from Night TERRORS and this has been a Godsend! Good luck and please let me know how you make out!

Sounds like Lyme disease. Many have it and don't know it. Get tested for it but tests miss 50% of cases. Try taking teasel root...

Dont settle for panic attack diagnosis which generally means only 'I dont know' on the part of docs.

Thank you for your answer, however, I was reading up on Lyme Disease and I never got the "bullseye" rash, that it states as a sign and symptom.

You don't need the bull's eye rash. This kept me from diagnosis for 10 years. Many types of Lyme. Much more pervasive than thought. You might try some Lyme remedies.

I have this exact thing. It really does sound like I wrote this. I keep thinking its my heart, but I've had numerous ECG/EKG tests, a 24 hour holter monitor, chest x ray and a BNP blood test for heart failure, and all apparently came back normal. I feel like I want to ask for an echo, but if that comes back normal too, then I'll probably decide I want a catheter examination and blah and blah. It won't ever stop! So for the meantime i'm trying to steer clear.

Did you ever get better? Or find a cause?

xxx

Avoid migraine trigger foods. They can cause all of this, including foods high in tyramine. Avoid chocolate, alcohol, wheat and grains, sugar snap peas, all beans, all nuts, raspberries and look up more. I have most of what you have..took 5 years--went off migrainetriggers and okay. you can have migraine without the headache. Also avoid scents...etc.

This sounds like me! What have docs said because mine thinks im loopy. Hes awful. Im worried constantly about this. Very scary keep thinking im on my last legs

Don't ever let your doctor make you feel loopy! He works for YOU, and you are the only person who knows how you really feel. I had a doctor who put me into a box, anxiety anxiety anxiety, for almost a year! I said enough is enough!!! I finally had enough and changed doctors! Within two weeks at my new doctor, I had found out I was hypoglycemic and that I needed to control my low blood sugar! All the symptoms of hypoglycemia are the same as anxiety and panic attacks!!!
Just remember, it's your body! Good luck everyone. I still suffer from anxiety now that that one doctor messed me up, but I feel much better then before, it takes time and therapy, and a lot of will power to tell your mind its wrong! But I know there is life outside of this c**p called anxiety!