Hi There,

Please help...I am a 33 year old feamlae (mother of 2) who has always been healthy up until the last 2 and a half years. It all began when I started to get pinching sensations throughout the lining of my chest walls. Several Chest X-rays/bloodwork have been done with no findings. I now experience sharp shooting and burning pains in my head EVERYWHERE. the pain is not localized at all. Some days are worse than others and range from happening from 10-25 times a day. An head MRI was complete with finding of Sinnusitis. I have seen an ENT who says the pain in the head is not related to Sinnusitis. I am now experiencing sharp shooting pain in my shoulder blades. It lasts for approx 5-10 seconds and then it dimminishes. Another symptom I have is a burning sensation that is interminent through different areas in my body? Sometimes arms, legs etc. Again..last a few seconds and then dimminishes. My doctor just recently completed a bone scan that shows very very mild spot of arthritis. My doctor is at a lose...and says he truly doesn't know what this could be and is sending me to a neurologist to determine if it is neurological? Can you please offer your reccomendations and/or thoughts? I am desperate at this point because it has been going on much to long. I thank you for your time in reading this!

I wish i was replying with an answer but I'm just writing to say, when you find out, please let me know! I'm a 24 year old female, and I am having the same issues. I felt the same pains in my chest walls and also have had chest xrays, EKG, and bloodwork, with nothing being found. I've been having shooting pains and a burning feeling in my head for a few weeks now. It is driving me insane! I haven't felt them in my shoulder blades, but the muscles in my chest, arms, and legs twitch a lot. I'm a full time student and I work part time, so I don't have insurance. I think going to a neurologist would be the best bet. Please let me know what they say!

Hi I am 32 year old female and I have the same problem. I know this may not seem like the answer you want to hear but after years of battling this and countless Dr. visits I was given a diagnosis of GAD. General Anxiety Disorder. I know, I thought the same thing you are probably thinking. How can the answer be so simple when I have all these symptoms that are painful and feel so serious. But, it is Anxiety.

I am a 31 year old male who has suffered with this for years... I am convinced that is it mostly stress related. I did the bloodwork, I did the xrays, I worried about it forever. It used to bother me when eating, when going to sleep, when driving - all the most inconvienent times. Stress and anxiety disorder take many forms. The other possibly is fibromyalgia.

Hello, yes I believe stress does aggravate this situation but I really dont belive it's just that. I been suffering for 4 months with those sensatins and than some! See my posting under "muscle twitching", I was told same thing just GAD but guys you know you're bodies better than anyone and I didn't belive it. I went to a nuero and did an EMG and that was normal but then had a MRI of spine and sure enough have herniated discs causing pressure on the nerves therefor causing extreme inflammation which leads to those pinching sensations etc! I had my first of two cortisone shots yesterday and already feel about %30 better no more twitching much less pinching and my inner shaking feeling has calmed down alot!my advice have an EMG test and if needed mri of spine, best of luck, don't worry it WILL get better!

I forgot the "muscle twitching" posting is under healingforum.com..

I am a 30 year old female who has had similar symptoms for about 5 years. I am at a loss. My symptoms suggest MS, but, so far, I have had two clear MRI's. I have been to every kind of specialist and had test after test. I just want to know what is going on. If you find out what is causing your symptoms, please let me know.

Hi, I don't usally reply to anything, but I some how found this and I want to share with you that your not alone. I suffered for awhile after I fell hard at work, hitting my head and shoulder. All the tests came back normal, I was lucky enough to have a Doctor that knew all about Fibromyalgia and all the assicatied pain that goes with it that I was still developing.
http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fibromyalgia_treatment.html

Take a look at the above link and do more research on it, Keep a Journal on pain locations and what time of day and what the weather is like. It'll help you understand it more and see your doctor and ask about Fibromyalgia.
Also keep in mind that alot of these symtoms are like MS & LUPUS.

Really hope that helps.

I have very similar issues. It has gotten worse and worse over the years. I am convinced it has to do with stress in my situation. I think I have high cortisol levels. I have anxiety and mood and personality disorders. I was told that I don't have fibromyalgia because I didn't have the "15 points" that I don't think you really have to have. If you have any kind of mental issues, I would really suggest to look into the fact that it may be at least partially due to that. Pain can come from genetic issues on the medical end and/or from you nature/nurture of the mind. I am very frightened about these pains and tingling. I have what seems like a pinched nerve in my back, which I've been told "is not a pinched nerve" by a chiropractor and was told it was "muscle spasms" by a general practitioner. I have had my should pain for several years and it has gotten much worse. Doctors just tell me to exercise it or keep off it when it is really sore. I was given Lyrica which is good for shingles or Diabetic Nerve Pain. Look these things up. I have considered whether I have them or not. I can't afford to see a neurologist. But most importantly I think you should all look up NEURALGIA. These are issues of tingling in the face and neck. But we feel them all over. So, I'm confused. I think you can cause yourself permanent nerve damage from stress. Maybe even brain damage. The CORTISOL levels get too high. I believe it causes inflammation. If it is really bad try a pain killer like an NSAID or a steroid shot if you are cool with that. I am unfortunately considering narcotics. But something for anxiety may help and get this at the source! It effects everything, your heart (I have had palpitations and chest pain) and even your digestion (I was told I may have IBS). Even my ovaries and feet have/are experiencing pain that's SHARP. So beware of stresses and these issues. Very stable, healthy sleep, exercise (if you can stand it), diet, and keeping away from a lot of caffeine may help, I think. Thanks for reading my novel of musings about this very mysterious condition!

im 13 and im feeling sharp shooting pain, as if needles were being quickly stuck between my shoulder blades/spinal area. when i feel or try to locate the pain, my back is always hot and i don't thin this is caused by my bra, sorry i couldnt help, was just wondering if anyone had an answer yet?

I have been experiencing similar pains for the past year or so, but only when I am active. If I sharply turn my head while I am active, I receive this unbearable sensation. It feels like a strip of fire was just injected into my brain. This feeling lasts for about 10 seconds and then slowly fades away. However, it has been worrying me and I haven't been to the doctor about it yet, but I will soon. If anybody has any idea of what this may be, please respond and let me know!!

Wow! I am so glad to hear that I'm not the only one, but unhappy that all of you are experiencing this as well. I am 32 year old female, started having the sharp, shooting, severe pain sensations starting at the neck and shooting up through the back of my head 5 years ago. It began only a few times a year and gradually increased in frequency. Then one morning about 2 yrs ago, I woke up with a sore neck thinking I just slept wrong. Within a month, I couldnn't turn  my head or lift my arms above shoulder level, couldm't do household chores, pick up my toddler, anything. After a year of heat/ice, phys therapy, chiropractic care, I regained some mobility but the severe pain was still there and went from several times a day to ALWAYS. I finally got a primary care physician and was quickly sent to a neurologist/pain management dr. The epidural steroid injections he gave me did not work. My MRIs conclude I have 3 herniated discs in cervical spine (neck)...my diagnoses are Cervical Spondylosis, Cervicalgia, Degenerative Disc Disease. My pain radiates down my left arm, severe muscle spasms all the time, especially between shoulder blades, traps, and neck. I am now on MS Contin for pain after only starting pain meds just 5 months ago! The pain continues to get worse and I am requiring consistent increases in meds. I think a lot had to do with my job, which had me driving 200 miles a day, causing exacerbations daily. I finally quit my job for a new position with no travel. I start new job next week but the 2 weeks rest I've given myself inbetween jobs has been great. BTW, I had an EMG (they stick needles in your nerves and shock them to determine nerve conductivity), it was no fun but the next day I had almost no pain for the first time in years! I have concluded that electrical stimulation may help this, so I bought a TENS unit which is still being shipped. Perhaps everyone else could benefit from TENS as well. You can purchase one online and is fairly inexpensive. Just google it! Hope this helps!

I've had localized pain in right shoulder and right side of neck for 6 mos. Within last 3 weeks, it started to tingle, like bugs crawling under skin. Then I got a burning sensation afterwards.  It's intermittent. The burning feels like an ice cube on your skin too long and it gets hot.  I don't itch. It starts at the right shoulder and like a wave, I can feel it creep across the top of the shoulder and up my neck, under my jaw and all the way to my right ear.  I'm thinking it could be an allergy to Gabapentin. I just started that about the same time this crawling/burning started. My Neurologist is planning to do a Nerve Conduction Study on me in a few days. He's also ordered Xrays for the effected area.  Hopefully, I'll get some answers.  Maybe it's a pinched nerve.  I'll report back later.

Lupus..... And lupus fibromyalgia. Sometimes I cant even move my arms. Prednisone helps, but it really is not fun taking prednisone either.

fgh
sss ddd