I am experiencing weird physical sensations in my right thigh/low hip almost towards my bottom. It happens on a regular basis, and is like a warm wet sensation spreading outwards. It only lasts a few seconds at a time but I am conscious of it just this last couple of weeks. Happens about every 20 minutes in the day but more often towards evening sometimes 10 minutes apart. It is so realistic I have checked countless times to see if my leg is wet. there is no sign of bruising on my skin at the site. !! Short of thinking I am going nutz I dont know what it could be !

I am glad I read this. I have been getting this exact same thing for a few months and it is driving me crazy.

I have had this same sensation in the same spot for about a year now. I actually went several months without it, and now it is back. The only difference is that mine is a cold,wet sensation, not a warm,wet sensation. I have googled it many times and can't seem to find a real answer. I haven't gone to a Dr with it because I don't want to end up with a huge bill from a lot of tests that get me no where. If anyone has had the same sensations and knows what the cause is, please post.

Thanks,
me

I have been having the same odd sensation for a couple of weeks now. It feels like someone has spilled cold water on my right thigh...........I always go to wipe it off and nothing is there! HELP!

Is it possible that you could have contracted an STD? I suffer from genital herpes, and what you are describing is similar to what I have experienced in the past with this virus. Often what you have described is the only symptom that I have, and it took a long time to diagnose correctly, I had to undergo several tests over a long period of time before other symptoms sent us in the right direction.

Anyway, good luck to you, I hope that I'm wrong... although the symptoms are treatable, it's an unpleasant disease to have.

HAVE YOU FOUND ANY HELP WITH YOUR COLD/WET LEG SENSATIONS?

HAVE YOU FOUND ANY HELP FOR YOUR COLD/WET SENSATIONS IN YOUR LEG?

Dear SH User,

I get this, it is impossible to write. It is so annoying. Plus your always wondering somewhere in your head if it is about to kill you, that's how humans are built  after all.

I've got it right now.

It has been about a year now, but regular only this past 3 months. However, I am starting to get flash backs of maybe a longer hx that went unnoticed. Did I bung this on to get out of sport in school or is this ongoing? This kind of thing.

I worked in diagnostic medicine for 5 years (MRI) and I really don't want to go down the path of guess my condition.

I know enough to know it could be, or misdiagnosed as, being anything. What I "have" will depend on who I choose to see, and very little else. 

However it is getting to the point that i think it would be irresponsible not to look into it. But I know they won't find anything. And if they do it will be later and too late (cynical. Hospital work will do that).

All I have to add is one of my theatre nurse friends said she has heard of this complaint manifesting as varicose veins in that exact spot/s in later life.

At any rate, I make a Generalist appt tomo.

I expect them to tell me nothing useful. Either "neurological" magic or back pain. Untraceable minor vascular insufficiency, psychiatric, postural, here do some excer sizes: though we don't know what we are treating we apparently have the cure ... ad infinitum.

We all sit in chair all day now. A lot of us fly. It is not clots.

But any clinician will just play the odds game for their specialty, which I could frankly do myself.

But there is always that what if isn't there?

I'll see you $450 later.

Jay

Ha !!! When I searched getting cold wet sensations on thigh and bottom area, I didn't expect anything to come up. It has been happening to me for about a month and it is so real I do actually check myself every time, even though I know now it's not real. I would appreciate it greatly if someone could explain this :-)

may be also if you are using weed.this can be a cause of it.may be weed gas they are giving to office dude.becarefull.thats what i know.

I've had this feeling on my thigh on my feet in my arms ect... I've been to dr 3 times and after tests they each say stress every time.

well hate to be the bad news of this But the GOOD news is you all have contracted the GREAT HERPES outbreak .. It does weird things around the body and that my friends is one of them . Chills or very sensitive sensations of the skin.. It sucks to have very common no cure for it but you can get it suppressed .. This is why it is everywhere cause people with stds don't get treated and pass it to others.. PEACE

I have the same random wet feeling that appears on my upper thigh every now and again. I was checked for herpes at three weeks and again at five weeks after my only possible exposure and both test came back negative. Should I be checked again now that it's been 10 weeks?

I Have the same thing mine is due to a nerve in my lower back it's affects my lower back bum pelvis and leg I'm taking amtriptolene low dose helps with nerve problems good luck defiantly go back and mention the cold sensation that's how the found it straight away the coldness sensation or feeling in your leg is sent from the nerve endings and causes this feeling