Hi everyone,

I know how depression makes a person feel, I mean, I never had depression in my life but I happen to know two people who are suffering from depression so I know how they feel, I listen to them and talk to them from time to time, but I don't feel like asking them about this, they might think that I think that they are crazy or something.

So anyway, I am curious to know if depression causes any kind of head sensations, you know, like weird feelings inside your head, does your head feels different when you are depressed than when you are not?

Hi Gaia,

I don't really have any professional knowledge regarding this matter, I am only talking about what I know so far about depression and anxiety so I can't guarantee that I am right about this.

I don't think that depression or anxiety causes head sensations. I think that these head sensations are more related to schizophrenia and similar conditions to schizophrenia, but not to depression or anxiety. Depression and anxiety are only messing up with people's minds, making them think differently and look at the world from a weird perspective, but these conditions shouldn't cause anyone to have head sensations or any weird feelings inside their heads.

Hey Gaia,

Other than having headaches, I don't think that there are any other kind of head sensations that a person suffering from depression can feel. There are some people who are saying that they have weird feeling in their head, like something heavy is on their front part of the head, but doctors say that that is impossible and that they are only imagining this, like, it is only in their minds. So if you are thinking about something real going on, then no, but if you are thinking about something imaginative, then it is possible, it can happen to anyone.

Hey guys,

That's my point, EatingBoss, I don't really think that these head sensations are something that is, how do I say this, something real, something that a doctor could see with some tests or some scannings. I was wondering if they feel their head to be a bit different, if they have weird feelings inside their heads. I didn't want to ask them because I don't know how would they react to my question but regarding what you just wrote, I think that I am right and that they do feel some sort of head sensations, now I am curious to know how exactly these sensations feel.

Hello there. I can't really tell you because I am suffering from the depression and I never had those symptoms, I have never had symptoms like this - head sensation and weird feelings inside my head. Anyway, whenever someone is telling that he or she is having problems and sensation in the head, I am really scared because I always think on the bad things. I know that sometimes maybe I am overreacting, but this is not something that you should play with. 

If you still have those sensations, you really should visit your doctor as soon as possible to find out what is the cause. 

Good day everyone.

There are a lot of physical symptoms that can cause depression and you can easily recognize them, if you ask me. And trust me, I am telling you this according to my experience. Head sensations are just one of those physical symptoms. That is true, depression can cause them. Depression seems to be related to improper regulation in nerve cell networks or pathways that connect the brain areas that process your emotional information on the daily basis. Actually, head sensations and headaches are  fairly common, especially if you already had migraine headaches, they may seem worse.That is the problem. 

Well, I didn't know anything about this. I do know that I never had those symptoms and I could really tell that they are not connected to depression at all, but now I see that I am wrong. I always believed that head sensations are connected to something that is worse than depression and I know that I would be really scared if I had those ugly sensations. But once again, I would suggest you to go to see your doctor, tell him that you are worried because you should be and I am sure that he is going to do some tests and analyses to see what exactly you are dealing with. Good luck there.

Good day. Sure, it can cause head sensations and those weird feelings inside of your head. I think that this is one of the surprising symptoms, but it is a symptom just like any other. Some of my friends told me that they have experienced something that they describes as a "heavy head" . To be honest, I've never experienced the "heavy head" that my friend described to me, but I trust him. It is all normal because we all have reactions to depression that may be like yours or something else that affects our body. So many people get head sensations, some of them something else. We are all different. 

Good morning everyone! I will tell you the story that is based on my experience. Sure, it can. I also believed that head sensations, headaches and weird feelings in head have nothing to do with anxiety or depression, but guess that I was really wrong. When I first started to have head sensations, I went to see my doctor and he told me that we need to do some scans. Scans were clean and he haven't found anything on them. So he decided to send me to the psychiatrist. He was talking to me ( I guess that he was doing some tests as well), and he told me that I am dealing with depression, even if I was not aware of it. So yes, this can be one of the symptoms.

Hey, Ive been going threw depression, and sometimes have episodes of thousands of crazy thoughts at once. when that happens yes your head feels tired, weak, heavy, it's hard to explain, you feel to much at once and just want out you just want it to stop buy it just doesn't haha

I am suffering from D mer Like a depression for a short period of time and for the first 30 secs I have a weird sensation on my head like a heavy feeling!

I do get sensations in my head and a constant feeling of having a lighthead