Take a deep breath… hope I don’t bore you.. here is my story..

Bloated feeling, pressure in chest, feeling like I can’t talk or swallow, shaking, feeling of blood rushing to head, dizzy, tingling pins and needles in extremities, heart racing, frequent bowel movements, wake up sometimes soak and wet sweaty, really aware of every heart beat, wheezing, very hot/warm feeling in the center of my chest moving to my arms then gone, very easily startled. I feel like I’m in a movie or something just waiting for something to happen. Sometimes it will be like a switch.. click.. I’m perfectly fine.

All these symptoms came to a climax one day, I was driving home from work and was feeling these symptoms then all of a sudden it was as if someone punched me in the chest five times fast. (I wish I was exaggerating) I only live twelve minutes from work. I instantly pulled over and called an ambulance. I thought I was having a heart attack, I have never felt anything like this before.

I was in the ER a total of three times over 2 months, they tested my bloods three times everything was fine according to the hospital. They even did a heart attack test where they tested my blood every couple hours (T test?) Whatever it was they stated it wasn’t a heart attack, although my heart was racing something fierce when all this happened. I was hooked up to the ekg each time and everthing was normal.

I went to two cardiologists. Both listened to my heart and they said I had the slightest of a murmur but everything sounds fine and my heart is definitely not the problem. I wore a 24 hour holter, the results were “Underline Rhythm is Sinus, 4 PAC’s in 24hrs, no SVT’s. 1 isolated PVC was seen.” (translation?) Doc said that the holter was pretty boring and it was nothing I needed treatment on. What are SVE beats.. I had 13? Normal?

I had a stress echo done.
Results..
Resting ECG : Regular Sinus Rythmn, non-specific ST-T wave abnormalities
Resting LV Wall Motion : no segmental wall motion abnormalities, normal LV function
Exercised for 10 minutes reaching max heart rate of 164, 88% of max 186. Throughout test patient experienced no chest pain of shortness of breath. At peak exercise ecg revealed no ischemic changes. Post echo showed no segmental wall motion abnormalities. No significant arrhythmias. Appropriate blood pressure response.
Impressions; negative stress test for ischemia, appropriate blood pressure response, no arrhythmias, good exercise tolerance, no stress induced wall motion abnormalities seen.

Is there something I should be checking for that the doctors missed? Am I ok?

I saw a psychologist and he stated it is anxiety, but every doctor says that like it is their catch-all phrase. He gave me xanax but even taking xanax freaks me out because it just numbs me and I really don’t want to go that route. Like I break a .5 tab in quarters and I get an instant drunk feeling in about 15 minutes. The doc said I’m the only known person who won’t let xanax work. Like I fight it.

Background..
I’m in excellent shape I run 30-60 minutes a day. Even after that, I try to hike before work. I take vitamins and I juice daily. I don’t eat any c**p. From the holter my avg heart rate is 66bpm and 45 asleep. (They say it is fine because of my conditioning). I get plenty of sleep. My bp is usually 110/80 when I wake up to 135/80 throughout the day.

Any ideas? From my lifestyle it makes no sense to me why this would be happening..

It is a constant battle for me everyday, I’m familiar with agoraphobia from what the psychologist mentioned. I literally force myself to do things even though I’m symptomatic and freaking out, I purposefully exercise hard even though I’m freaked about my heart, I drive exactly the same way home and get gas at the gas station I had the “heart attack” episode at. I started to get a feeling like “I gotta get outta here and get home”.. so purposefully walk in the middle of the woods off the path with my trail gps.

I have no worries whatsoever, none of this makes sense to me.

Help.

As someone who suffered from GAD for a number of yaers, trust me, it sounds like what you are dealing with is very much anxiety. There's a lot of doubt there and it can make you feel awful, but I can assure you--it is anxiety. I know it's very terrifying but you are actually fine. IN a couple of months, the feeling will fade and you will be okay...in the meantime, you just have to sort of ride the ride and use some CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy, if you haven't heard of it) to help talk yourself out of the anxious moments. What do you think?

Find a therapist who does mindfulness meditation.  I have great results with my clients who have anxiety disorders.  I use the Basic Mindfulness system developed by Shinzen Young.

This Exactly what I have now, reading this thread its like listening to myself talking accept i'm still going to the hos[ital because i think its a heart attack. I have been told that it is anxiety too , I do believe this is what this all about I hope you feel better .

Omar.

This is a stomach bug like [Helico Bactor Pylori]
I had symptoms like = high blood pressure,rushing of blood to the head,strong pulse in the left neck,stomach pains extending to my chest,
This bug affects every part of your body.
So get the doctor to check your stomach
You need special medicine to get rid of it.

To add to my post above.
Other symptoms were bloated stomach,strong pulse throughout the body,higher pulse than normal and would take a long time for it to die down even while lying in bed.
The doctor gave me blood and faeces tests which all showed up negative.
The only foolproof tests for Helico Bactor are a breath test [where you can not have any medicine for 3 weeks beforehand, otherwise it will mask the test results] or an endoscopy.
Things that helped before the treatment were eating only small amounts of plain food and taking 3 spoons of virgin coconut oil a day [which i found on another forum].
Hope this info helps somebody it is the worst thing i have ever experienced
Mick

I had the same issues..its not in your head and the symptoms get worse year after year. Look into glutin intolerances and/or celiac disease. Hard to bteath on some days and.others r ok...keep a diary. Believe it or not it was caused by yeast. Look into body ecology. Good luck

did you ever find out what the problem was because im having the exact same issues right now

This is all nerve related. You have a pinched nerve in your neck! And possibly pinched the vagus nerve which relates to high or low or irregular heart beat. We're you ever in an accident? Or sustained neck trauma, Get a TENS machine. Go to an orthopedic doctor or reputable neurologist, or both!!! Get an MRI. Do whatever you have to do, only you know your body, NOT them. This is not anxiety. Physical therapy will help you immensely. Love and peace to all!

It's all about stress and anxiety I believe, compounded by bottling things up or thinking one is going to die.

I'm suffering from the same symptoms, having been suffering from stomach disorders for the past two years, apparently all stress-related too.  Now I've got a pending case of libel and harrassment at work, I've just been diagnosed with high blood pressure following a trip to my GP to complain about the chest pains (and hives) I'm experiencing. 

As I'm not a lover of medication, I'm seeking herbal remedies and relaxation techniques to try and alleviate the symptoms whilst I try to work out to do about the work issues.

I'm reading over this because I'm going trough it right this minute!!!! I've had anxiety for about four years now. I'm 27, female and pretty healthy otherwise. Today I woke up with a bad feeling. Something heavy on my chest and that leads to an upset stomach. No I feel my heart beating very strong and almost like a fluttering feeling. Bad enough for me to consider ER... Bit once again they would send me home with "anxiety" diagnosis and an outrageous bill. So here I am trying to calm myself down. I cannot take anti anxiety meds because even a quarter of it makes me feel drugged. That leads to me freaking out! I swear I feel cursed. I am so tired of feeling like this! If anyone has any advice on how to deal with this with out medication please help.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

My guess...cause it sounds like me....Magnesium and or B12 deficiency... sweating depletes minerals and b12.
When those levels are high again...then see if you still have problems, and if yes, then possibly anxiety.
If a vegetarian...chances are very high you could be low onB12...and majority of people are deficient in magnesium and don't know it. good luck.

I believe you're having anxiety and panic attacks. I've had them for years, 50 as a matter of fact, I'm 69. I went from one doctor to another expecting to be told I had some rare heart condition. It didn't happen -- my heart is normal. You must get your anxiety under control. If I had it to do over, I would go to a therapist and try to talk out what has caused the anxiety in the first place. I think the anxiety is subconscious since I've had the attacks when my life was running along very smoothly. I've been at this for a long, long time. I have been completely at the mercy of these attacks for a long time and hope that you don't allow yourself to spend the number of years I have, letting these symptoms rule your life. That "gotta get outta here and get home" is a terrible feeling. Good luck, get help.

i went the same stuff as you have and still getting pvc when im trying to rest... i had all the same tests... nothing wrong they say.... they say gas and anxiety....no meds working... i also take nexium and xanax but to no avail.... what did you finally come up i just want to get some rest and live life without constant pvc ... or at least find a dr that will help me find the problem and correct it

My mother is facing the exact same problem you wrote in topic,, please advise what medication u r using for relief ,,she is using Omeraprazole and zantac,, but honestly the pblm is like switch suddenly turn on and suddenly gone depend upon the gas movement in body,, she has also used many medicines for anxiety like revotril,sertz but all of them are usless and to b very honest she dont have any anxiety except her health which is getting worse and worse..
please advise if any one get cure..