My husband has started with Mylanta tablets about 10 days ago. He was suggested to take it because of excessive stomach gas caused by indigestion and bloating always followed by stomach pain. Does Mylanta have side effects when is taken three times per day? What are the possible side effects of this medication? As he feels better now, he wants to keep on taking Mylanta and I'm not sure if he should.

Possible, almost expected side effects of Mylanta are chalky taste in mouth, diarrhea can be caused by magnesium and constipation can be caused by aluminum that are active ingredients in Mylanta. These substances are both effective as antacids and are used to relieve heartburn and the following symptoms like indigestion, bloating, gas and stomach pain. Head ache, loss of appetite, weakness, nausea and vomiting should be reported to doctor and are more serious side effects of Mylanta.