I am a 43 yr old female. Good health. Last night I had this crazy cramping in the left side of my chest. I did everything I could do to try to make it subside but nothing worked but time. The only way I can describe it is a burning cramp and tightening. The only other symptom that went along with it was that my mouth was watering really bad to the point where I had to hang over the sink. What could this be? Should I be worried?

Hi there! I'm not a doctor but I found that less serious causes of chest cramps include heartburn, muscular tears, or broken bones. Heartburn is caused by an overflow of stomach acid into the esophagus, which can result in severe pains in the chest but is usually easily treated with antacids. Muscular tears can occur due to injury or strenuous exercise, frequently presenting as a dull ache throughout the upper body or sharp pains caused when performing specific movements. I don't know about that mouth watering part, maybe it has something to do with stomach acid... Some people experience chest pains or cramps as a result of emotional distress, anxiety, or panic disorders. Maybe you should see a cardiologist. Take care.