As I suffer from heartburn I need something to get the relief. I also have problems with intestinal gas and believe that stomach pain is caused by this. Is Mylanta good to relief these symptoms, heartburn, stomach pain, gas? How is it used and how does it work? Please post if it helped you. Thanks.

Mylanta helps me to relieve heartburn and stomach pain caused by excessive stomach acid. I chew one tablet of Mylanta after each meal; I have started taking it about a month ago. My doctor told me to take Mylanta for 8 weeks and I can notice that it is really helpful. Mylanta contains magnesium and aluminum hydroxide that are very good antacids.

Well..
I could not advise anyone, under any circumstances, to consume Mylanta. Look at the ingredients.
Aluminum is a highly toxic metal that accumulates in your system and can cause alzheimers, liver and kidney failure, memory loss, aching muscles, speech disturbances, anemia, osteoporosis, and worsening gastrointestinal problems among other things.
Try digestive enzymes to alleviate digestive problems without side effects.

i am 13 weeks pregnant and the Dr. has recommended Mylanta for heartburn so it can't be all that bad. I went to ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed (a website on all drugs and their safety) and looked up all forms of Mylanta and they are all safe for pregnant people so why wouldn't they be safe for everyone else? I think its pretty safe to take.

Unfortunately our nation's doctors are educated by pharmaceutical companies, and I've found that many have an education that leaves much to be desired if you want to know something that is not drug- related.

YOU and only you are ultimately responsible for your own health and well-being, so don't blindly trust anyone, regardless of their title.

Aluminum is by no means safe for a health adult, much less a growing fetus. Please read the main ingredient (the actual active ingredient, NOT the name of the product) and do some research regarding health affects before potentially harming your unborn child.

"Health concerns

Despite its natural abundance, aluminium has no known function in living cells and presents some toxic effects in elevated concentrations. Its toxicity can be traced to deposition in bone and the central nervous system, which is particularly increased in patients with reduced renal function. Because aluminium competes with calcium for absorption, increased amounts of dietary aluminium may contribute to the reduced skeletal mineralization (osteopenia) observed in preterm infants and infants with growth retardation. In very high doses, aluminium can cause neurotoxicity, and is associated with altered function of the blood-brain barrier.[61] A small percentage of people are allergic to aluminium and experience contact dermatitis, digestive disorders, vomiting or other symptoms upon contact or ingestion of products containing aluminium, such as deodorants or antacids. In those without allergies, aluminium is not as toxic as heavy metals, but there is evidence of some toxicity if it is consumed in excessive amounts.[62] Although the use of aluminium cookware has not been shown to lead to aluminium toxicity in general, excessive consumption of antacids containing aluminium compounds and excessive use of aluminium-containing antiperspirants provide more significant exposure levels. Studies have shown that consumption of acidic foods or liquids with aluminium significantly increases aluminium absorption,[63] and maltol has been shown to increase the accumulation of aluminium in nervous and osseus tissue.[64] Furthermore, aluminium increases estrogen-related gene expression in human breast cancer cells cultured in the laboratory.[65] The estrogen-like effects of these salts have led to their classification as a metalloestrogen.

Because of its potentially toxic effects, aluminium's use in some antiperspirants, dyes (such as aluminium lake), and food additives is controversial. Although there is little evidence that normal exposure to aluminium presents a risk to healthy adults,[66] several studies point to risks associated with increased exposure to the metal.[67] Aluminium in food may be absorbed more than aluminium from water.[68] Some researchers have expressed concerns that the aluminium in antiperspirants may increase the risk of breast cancer,[69] and aluminium has controversially been implicated as a factor in Alzheimer's disease.[70] The Camelford water pollution incident involved a number of people consuming aluminium sulfate. Investigations of the long-term health effects are still ongoing, but elevated brain aluminium concentrations have been found in post-mortem examinations of victims who have later died, and further research to determine if there is a link with cerebral amyloid angiopathy has been commissioned.[71]

According to The Alzheimer's Society, the overwhelming medical and scientific opinion is that studies have not convincingly demonstrated a causal relationship between aluminium and Alzheimer's disease.[72] Nevertheless, some studies, such as those on the PAQUID cohort,[73] cite aluminium exposure as a risk factor for Alzheimer's disease. Some brain plaques have been found to contain increased levels of the metal.[74] Research in this area has been inconclusive; aluminium accumulation may be a consequence of the disease rather than a causal agent. In any event, if there is any toxicity of aluminium, it must be via a very specific mechanism, since total human exposure to the element in the form of naturally occurring clay in soil and dust is enormously large over a lifetime.[75][76] Scientific consensus does not yet exist about whether aluminium exposure could directly increase the risk of Alzheimer's disease.[72]"

Yes because it helps. Duhh

I suffer acid bad every time I eat pizza

Gas in aass

Yes i can

I can't agree with you more on the toxicity of Aluminum. But as you can see from the postings here as well as some of my family members, it is like preaching to the choir. Because you do not see the negative effects until it is long term and too late, people just don't believe it. So fustrating.

The Aluminum found in Mylanta is different than the metal. You people need to get out and read more. If Aluminum was so bad for you there wouldn't be Aluminum foil for our use with foods.

Then why is it that the side effects listed are the same as aluminum toxicity. It is the same aluminum, you need to get out more and read.

I suffer gas from drinking dark liquor