I have indigestion problems as it seems. Are the abdominal pains, gas, belching, and pain of the sternum symptoms of dyspepsia or some stomach virus infection? Thank you

The main symptoms are as you said: abdominal pain, pain behind the sternum (breastbone), nausea, belching, gas, vomiting acidic taste. Well the indigestive problems can be caused by viral or bacterial infection of the stomach. Depending on what is the cause in your case you will receive adequate therapy and treatment. Most probably you will have to change your eating habits.

I do lot of belching and usually have abdominal pain and a headeache at the same time i had this same problem last year at the same time (winter time) and I dont really know what is going on with me sometimes I get a feeling like someone is blowing up my chest and head, by blowing I mean like real air blowing and usually happens when I am a sleep and it makes me wake up, it doesn't hurt or anything but like I said the feeling is scary.
I went to dr. but they say everything is OK, heart good, lungs good, stomach same but I still get the strange feeling.

I have had the same feeling as you said - It feels like my lungs are filling up with air... kind of like a burp, withoug the burp... not painful - but as you said scary... I do have Gastric Reflux - I guess it's possible that the valve (from my stomach to esophagus) is opening up - allowing gas bubbles into my lungs... I dunno ???

I too have some of these symptoms. The strange thing is that this only began after I went to yoga one night. We tried a new posture that involved kneeling and stretching backwards toward our feet. I felt an awful pain right in my sternum that felt like a weakness or tear. This was nearly 2 yrs ago and I have experienced chest discomfort, gas, dizziness that has led to anxiety.

My doctor ordered all heart tests as well as an upper GI, all of which show NORMAL.

I'm so frustrated but cannot afford to give up on this. I'm only 35 and would like know what this could be.

Im having pains in my stomach around the sternum area and mid stomach. that wont go away it's been two days now. What can i do?

I'm also having pains in my sternum area towards the right side of my stomach. i went to the ER and they did a ultrasound of my gallbladder. luckily i have no gallstones. I was also sent for a HIDA scan. The test came back abnormal 15%. I went to a surgeon today to hopefully set up surgery. He sent me for bacteria test called hyploribacter pylori. he is treating me for indigestion.My concern is I'm in alot of pain, and don't understand why we are going in the opposite direction.

take some pepto or gas x, eat mild foods, drink some clear soda

ive have the same exact problem as you awm its been going on for about a month and its still not getting better and the doctor just gave me buspar to make me feel better but its only a short term thing

my symptoms are similar only I also have diarrhea. Constant, no matter what I eat.

If you have severe abdominal pain GO TO A DOCTOR ditto if you devlop a bloody stool

If you have bloating / gas you might try treating it for upto a week (the advice was OK till the quit whining comment - grouching like that doesnt help ) - If it doesn't clear in a week or you symptoms get worse then you need to see a Gastroenterologist

Do you have weight loss ? the runs?

There are viruses that take a week to process out. Older perople like us need to be CAREFUL. Things a 25 year old can brush off can destroy a 50 year old.

Check to see if it is IBS (Internal Bowel Syndrome)

my qrandfather has similar symptoms he won't qo to the hospital.except he went once and the doctor said his immune system isn't as stronq as mine.because i had severe symptoms hiqh fever,throwinq up,but mine went away in like a week he has had his lonqer than that.

lol, I'd hate for anyone to get EBS- external bowel syndrome!

In all seriousness, it's IBS- irritable bowel syndrome

Have any of you gone to the doctor to find the cause of this? Because I started experiencing these symptoms 2 weeks ago.