Hello! My brother has been recently diagnosed juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. He used to be healthy although he always had bad appetite and my mother had usually forced him to eat. Otherwise he had no health problems. We were in shock when he got ill. There is no one in our family with arthritis, not even our grandmother who is seventy. I don’t understand how this could have happened. What causes juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?

Hello! Unfortunately the exact and specific cause of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis remains undefined. Doctors believe that juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder. This means that the body's immune system attacks its own cells and tissues. It's unknown why this happens, but both heredity and environment seem to play a role. It may be that a virus or bacterium triggers the development of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in children with certain genetic profiles