Hi.

I'm 30 years old and am starting to experience some knuckle pain. It started on my right hand with the skin on one knuckle slightly (poofier) and purple and now it is on 2 fingers. Today it showed up on one finger on my left hand. My fingers are tight and hard to bend. I do play tambourine in a band very intensely 6 nights a week. Could that be a cause or something more serious? It doesn't necessarily feel like it is in the joint, but very sore to even to knock. Please help!

I have the same

My son has the same problem, wondering if you ever got an answer? He's seen several specialists and they don't know what it is.

I'm a 30 year female, who also has pain red swollen knuckles only on the right hand which seem to flare up in winter only, and are especially swollen when I wake in the morining. They're very painful when knocked accidently. I have been tested for rhumatoid arthritus and gout, both which came back negative. Any suggestions as to what this could be related to.

Im a 25 year old male with a very similar problem. I was tested for a few things, including rhumatoid arthritus, but my tests were also negative. It's something I can live with, but can be very inconvenient.

I have the same, in fact this morning the ring finger on my right hand is so swollen i cannot bend it. My tests too have all been normal including sed rate, which should be altered with inflammation, which clearly this is inflamed. Like the other post said, I can live with it, but would love to know what it is.

I have the same. Has anyone gotten a diagnosis.

I am 32 and too have this problem. At first, about 10 years ago, my doctor said Raynaud's because they were swollen. But I think he's wrong. Now i can't wake in the morning without pain, my fingers are swollen, sore to touch, one hand, a new knuckle comes down with it every day, and only happens in the winter. Last year my doc tested me for Gout, negative. Anyone get an answer???

I woke up with this yesterday and the swelling was minimal and pain relatively bearable. Today I woke up and my pain and swelling has spread from just my pinky to my pinky & ring fingers. They are both swollen and extremely painful. I would love to hear if anyone has received a diagnosis for this. Yesterday was the first time this ever happened.

I am experiencing the same with my knuckles. I am 33 and have just recently noticed this. It started with my pinky being quite swollen on one hand, and reddish purple. It seems to affect other knuckles at times also, but the pinky is consistantly swollen. Hurts to the touch. I also have a bit of stiffness in both hands but nothing significant. The knuckles closest to my fingertips seem to be starting to get red and painful now too. It is winter now, so maybe this will subside when the weather warms up??? I hope so. It is embarrassing, and annoying. Wish I knew an answer or cure!!

There called chilblains use a ointment in a stick called Snowfire and make sure you wear gloves outside and if you hands do get cold don't warm them up quickly. There a bain of my life for ages and there so much better now it's so scarily simple! XD

I had been suffering for years with knuckle pain and all tests ruled out RA, and such.

It wasn't until I visited an acupuncturist that I found out it was toxins. I did a food cleanse and my knuckle pains and swelling subsided within a few days.

10 yrs ago I had sever arthritic symptoms in my thumbs [swelling, pain, stiffness, unable to bend them in am upon waking] and found it was mercury fillings....not 72 hours after having the fillings removed, [there is a special technique..you need to visit a mercury free dentist if you think it may be your fillings] did I exprience complete remission.

Anyway......it is amazing what our bodies can tell us through our skin, joints etc.

I cut out all wheat and dairy, and yes..unfortunatly alcohol.

I love red wine. I can have white now and then, but every time i have red, i wake the next am all congested and my fingers and my elbow hurt!

hope this helps.
there are many ways to detox.

I started following the cleansing diet my actupuncturist put me on and then found Fat Flush Program and have been following that.

the nice news is...one of the side effects has been a 20 lb weight loss.
:-D

I hope you all can find some relief. Look at the foods you are eating and consider cleansing your liver. There are so many good programs out there.

Good luck.

I am 20 years old, and i am experiencing the same problem. it started on my left hand a few weeks ago.. it lasted for about 1 week then went away. now i have it on 2 fingers on my right hand. its very painful if i hit it on accident and to rub it. i dont know what it is

I am 27 years old, this started happening two-three years ago.. started with swollen feet that lasted on a few months in the winter time, then I was fine for summer, then I got mysteriously swollen fingers, one at a time, sometimes two or three at a time, but there was always one finger that was the most painful and stiff and sometimes could not bend at all. I was tested for everything.. more than once. Later they said it was Rheumatoid Arthritis and began me on celebrex and darvocet for the pain, things loosened up a bit and I was just told that it was RA even though the results for RA came back negative, my Dr's told me that just because the RA factor is not present on blood tests doesn't mean its not RA .. they say diagnosing RA was really difficult. Months later the pain started to spread about everywhere, my arms, neck, back, knees, just everything was stiff and sore.. They say now its Fibromyagia which sometimes comes along for the ride with RA.. I am on Lyrica now, and feeling tons better, but I still get stiff fingers from time to time. Hope this helps someone!

Has anyone has any results or reply re what it could be? I have suffered with this for a couple of years now, in the summer I get lots of sore lumps(almost heat rash like) and winter very sore big lumps (pea sized)which become purple and very painful. I too have seen several doctors regarding this at the different times of year and the only thing one doctor came up with is dermatitus! Help!!