My friend has died suddenly from what was diagnosed as an enlarged heart. He was 46 years of age , and I would like to know what caused his illness as there was no warnings or symptems before he died

This might sound wierd but who was your friend? I am in the same situation. He was also 46 years old. Please reply back to me

hiya, i am also in the same situation,it was my uncle who was also 46!! can poisioning cause an enlarged heart?? he also was diagnosed with epilepsy at 40 odds, and never suffered from any heart problems!! and it was all very sudden!...would this not show up at the post mortem!?? of a sudden death..diagnosed enlarged heart?? plz plz help me find out!! any1!! x

Enlarged heart (cardiomegaly) is not a disease but a sign of an underlying problem. It can have many causes, including:

* High blood pressure
* Heart valve disorders
* Weakness of the heart muscle (cardiomyopathy)
* Severe anemia
* Thyroid disorders
* Excessive iron in the body (hemochromatosis)
* Abnormal protein buildup in an organ (amyloidosis)

An enlarged heart can occur for many different reasons, but people don't die from just an enlarged heart. It is more likely that they would have died from a heart attack or something similar.

my son also died suddenly at age 38 with the coroner telling me he had an enlarged heart. he also had seizures for the past 5 years or so. we are waiting on results from the autopsy. he was recently in the hospital and they said his heart was normal!

my aunty died suddenly in October,she was 35 and 5 months pregnant, the only answer we got back was that she had an enlarged heart but she was perfectly fine before that with no warning signs or anything.

My mother has had several serious medical conditions, along with several heart attacks, and now has an enlarged heart.
An enlarged heart is caused by increased strain on the heart muscle(i believe the left atria) which caused the muscle to grow. Heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure, anything that increases strain may cause an enlarged heart.
Having an enlarged heart boosts a persons risk of heart disease.
hope some of this info. helps, sorry about the bad spelling

My friend also recently died unexpectedly she was 38. She was severely malnourished and had been taking morphine and phenergen. I am sure the drugs played a part in her death but the autopsy said it wasn't and od but due to an enlarged heart. could all the above reasons have caused the heart to enlarge?

My son, 38, also died suddenly -- ony explanation was an enlarged heart. He was in perfect physical condition. The medical examiner said it caused an irregular heartbeat from the enlarged heart failing to pump blood fast enough and he died in his sleep. There were no symptoms -- he was extremely energetic, no breathing problems, etc. How can this happen? How common is this? I hear more and more about it each day and so many young people, especially men. It is so shocking and heartbreaking.

Long time ago a doctor had told my brother that his heart muscles are thicker than normal. A couple of years he was having pain in his chest. He went to the doctor and later to the heart specialist. The doctor performed some test call dia to check if his arteries are cloged. But he was fine and the doctor told us he is fine. Every year he goes for check-up to the same heart specialist. When he went for check-up this time the doctor told him that he has an enlarged heart. and sent him for some test call eco-cardio. He is a very sober person don't drink, don't smoke, don't have any bed habits. I only pray that it is not something serious, but something curable.

My mom recently passed away at age 58... she was not on any medications, not under doctors care for any illiness, perfectly healthy... I went to her house to cehck on her because I had not heard form her at all that day, she did not return any of my phone calls etc... When I get to her house, go to her bedroom and she is there as if she was asleep..... I touched her feet and she did not move.. so I check her pulse and no pulse.. I immediatly called 911 the paramedics came and prounced her dead.... we later got the autopsy report back and the corner stated her death was undetermined.. but asked questions, like if she took medication for an enlarged heart... of sourse we responded no, because she was not on any meds... Not sure what causes an enlarged heart or what were (if any) the warning signs...??? Is this or could this related to heart disease? I tried googling, but can not find a whole lot that is answering the many questions I have....

I'm sorry for your loss. The enlarged heart can be caused by a lot of things--usually it's caused by an infection which is pretty standard. It usually isn't caused by medication or anything like that. Does that help at all? Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Please let me know if you ever need anything okay?

MY CHILODRENS DADDY DIED SUDDENLY AT 51 WITH AN ENLARGED HEART, THE CORONER WHO PRONOUNCED HIM DEAD, SAID IT WASNT HIS HEART, IT WASNT HIS SMALL ANURYSEM HE HAD SO THEY SENT HIM FOR A TOXICOLOGY AUTOPSY AND THEY SAID ENLARGED HEART, HOW COULD THIS BE MISSED BY A LOCAL PHYSCIAN AND A CORONER?
IS IT POSSIBLE WHEN A CORONER CANT SEEM TO FIND ANYTHING ELSE, ITS JUST RULED BACK TO THE HEART?/

i need ansers im a 14year old girl and i just found out that my mom has an enlarged heart pleas anser me back so i can ask so questions my email is my biggest qestion is can she die please help me. :-(

I am so sorry to hear about your mom....I will be praying for you and her. Being 14 is hard, especially when you are dealing with something like this. I am sure that her doctor is doing everything that they can to help her. Just try to keep your spirits up and be there for your mom. Just try not to stress, and let God take care of her....