I'm a 56 years old female and five years ago I'm diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus.
As you might know this is a very serious disease called autoimmune and it is about attacking my DNA by my own lymphocytes.
I'm using some very strong therapy and most of my previous symptoms are gone now but I started to suffer from some other symptoms like including fingers swelling, joint and or muscular pain and different digestive problems.
I contacted my doctor and, after a few testing, he discovered that I have developed some new condition called Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder.
I have been reading something about this disease but any extra information will be more than welcome.
Thanks

Well, I think I can help you because my wife died from some other autoimmune disease called Rheumatoid Arthritis and she has also been diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder a couple of years before she died.
Basically, it is a disorder of the immune system, which normally functions to protect the body against several invading agenses.
In Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder, as in other autoimmune diseases parts of the complex immune system is over-active and produces increased amounts of abnormal antibodies that attack the patient's own organs.
You had typical signs of this condition- irritable bowel syndrome, digestive problems, joint and or muscular pain.
No matter what starts the process the results is an over production of collagen creating fibrosis in the internal organs including the kidneys, heart, lungs, stomach and joints leading to gradually failure of these organs.
Treatment is to take a combination of medications to eliminate pain and reduce symptoms.

Girl; I have Fibromyalgia, and it took along time to diaagnose me with that. I have over 35 syptoms with it so far. I found out three months ago I had Gallstones, two weeks ago I found out I now have a Labral Tear, and need surgury. I think you should get a few opinions and if they dont have the hard core test results to say whats wrong with what; dont give up on yourself! Keep searching for the right Doctor. I had lost my child whos was three to medical neglagence.They didnt do all of there reviewing of all that she had wrong and over dosed her. She had a Arnold Chari Malformation; which is that her brain stem was to large, made her have seizures . It took several different doctors to find that out, finally. Those symptoms could go with something else. Maybe medicines or if something emotional is wrong; then they give you more meds then you get more side effects. I had a doctor before I finally got the right one, who prescribed me 180 vicoden a month, muscle relaxers, and eight other meds. I was his ginny pig and his pay check. All because I got so desperate for help. Just becareful!! Dont tell yourself any doubts , think positive and do lots of research yourself. Get different opinions. Your strong! What I tell myself every time that I hear it's this, just add it on. I 'll deal and live with it as they come! There's nothing else to do, but fight and try! I wish you all the best and I'll say a prayer. If you need to talk let me know.

I am 12 and I have MCTD