Lately I have heard for one term that really interested me. One of my neighbor has some badly disease, and mother told me it is autoimmune. I know the problems are cells in our body, which fight against our own organism. I know it’s not that simple, so I would like to find out more. Also I would like to know who is at risk for getting autoimmune diseases.

Our bodies have immune system that protects us from infection and diseases. But with autoimmune disease, your immune system attacks itself by mistake, so you might get sick. It can affect connective tissue for example, and that is the tissue which binds together body tissues and organs. Also, autoimmune disease can affect many parts of your body like nerves, muscles, endocrine system and digestive system. Most autoimmune diseases occur in women and most of them during their childbearing years. Sometimes autoimmune also affect African American, American Indian, and Latina women more than white women. An autoimmune disease tends to run in families, so your genes affect your chances of getting one of these diseases. Off course important is the way your immune system responds to certain triggers or things in the environment too. If you think there is possibility for you to get an autoimmune, ask your family members if they have had any symptoms. There are more than 80 types of autoimmune diseases and each has symptoms typically for that kind of disorder.

THIS IS ALL LIESSSSSSSSS

its a lie until it happens to you. I wish it was all lies. its not fun. I have been suffering from a skin disorder for the past 8 years and finally know now I have Chronic lichen Urticaria. it happens to have developed after I had my daughter. 90% of my skin is itchy bloody oozing and it all happens fast spreading all over my body. It is awful. I was told this is a autoimmune disease.

I also thought it was all all a lie until I got an autoimmune disease. You said it so beautifully "It's a lie until it happens to you" So true. I feel like an id**t that I doubted some really smart friends of mine that were suffering.