Hi to you all! I have read about this autoimmune disease called kawasaki disease, that affects the blood vessels, heart, skin and some other organs, I think. I am interested in seeing pictures of what kawasaki disease looks like. Can anybody help me with that please? If so, please post up links. Cheers :-)

I am just doing what you could have done yourself as well - posting one of the pictures that my google image result turned up. Look at it over here - http://www.chw.edu.au/parents/factsheets/kawasaki_disease.htm. Kawasaki disease is very rare and mostly affects children, and most of the pictures are of red cheeks, tongue and hands, which are what the outward symptoms are.

Hello there darb1188,

Since bella1725 has already answered your question i don't see any need in repeating the same thing. Unfortunately Kawasaki disease is very rare condition which affects mostly children. This is autoimmune disorder and this means that body is attacking healthy cells and tissue by mistake.

Unfortunately there are some quite nasty symptoms which can be somewhat reduced by taking prescribed medications. Most of the parents get scared when they hear that some of the kids is diagnosed with this condition because they are not aware of the fact that this is not transmitted disease.

And if you need to see more pictures of this condition simply type in Kawasaki in search engine and choose images.