Hi, my friend has a medical condition that is, for me, very strange. After seeing a doctor, he was diagnosed with Raynaud disease. However, this condition is not all that he has. The doctor said that he has connective tissue disease as well. I have no idea what this means. Can you please clarify it up a bit for me?

Hi, I can understand why you are confused. Raynaud's disease is a blood circulation problem. It is characterized by numbness of body parts, especially extremities. This is caused by exposure to cold conditions and can happen as a result of stress. What happens is that blood vessels get over constricted. As a result insufficient amount of blood is processed to those body parts and they become numb. They can also turn white which means that there is no blood coming to them. This disease can be a symptom of some other underlying condition. Such is the case with your friend. Connective tissue disease is known to influence the creation of secondary Raynaud's. However, this happens rarely. This kind of condition is called Raynaud's phenomenon.