Hi, my doctor suspects that I have some connective tissue disease, and he says he can’t give precise diagnose yet. I am waiting for blood analysis. What is a connective tissue disease? Is it possible to treat it?

The connective tissue diseases occur without any obvious reason. They are characterized by the over activity of the immune system, which results in the production of unusual antibodies in the blood. Connective tissue diseases include systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, polymyositis, and dermatomyositis. Different symptoms characterize these diseases, but they are quiet similar. Typical blood analysis shows presence of high quantities of antinuclear antibodies (ANAs) and antibodies to ribonucleoprotein (anti-RNP). Many patients have mixed symptoms and only one of these diseases is predominant.