Hi, my grandfather is ANA and RF positive, with symptoms of dermatitis on legs, dull pain in his right leg and back, tingling in hands. But, he was said to have Unspecified Connnective Tissue Disease. What kind of disease is that?

Hi, my uncle has symptoms of dermatitis, back pain and numb limbs. His doctor wasn’t able to give a diagnose, so the diagnose is Unspecified Connective Tissue Disease. He said that by observing for some longer period of time he will be able to be more precise. Rheumatoid arthritis (RA), systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), systemic sclerosis (SSc), dermatomyositis (DM), mixed connective-tissue disease (MCTD)are all diseases with similar clinical characteristics in first 12 months. All these autoimmune connective tissue diseases are mostly treated by symptoms, so not having a diagnose is not effecting the therapy.