my 2 1/2 yr old has a rare form of Lypodystropy ( Diagnosed just after turning 2). Doctors dont know which.Symptoms: Bruising turns into skin indentations which eats away her fat tissue. Only on her arms & legs at this stage.
My 11 yr old has autoimmune lypodystrophy which has caused diabetes type1, Autoimmune Hepatitis of Liver. Loss of fat over body but has pregnacy type belly. She was diagnosed at 18mths. Is anybody able to please shed any light or pass on any info that could give me a better understanding of my 2 girls.
Thank you [/code

Hello there,

I am so sorry that you are experiencing so hard time because of your two girls. I would like to tell you that I know the answers to your questions and your concerns but I believe that no one but team of medical experts can tell you the right reasons why your daughters are suffering from rare autoimmune dieses.

As far as I know autoimmune diseases are very nasty because their own immune system is attacking healthy tissue, cells and even organs so basically they don’t have defense system as we all do.  

And since it has happened shortly after their birth it is probably some kind of genetics but this is something that only a doctor can reveille what it is.