Hi, please help! I was diagnosed wit undifferentiated connective tissue disease, but I have no idea what does it mean! What is happeneng to my body that I don’t know about?

Hi, undifferentiated connective tissue disease or UCTD is is an autoimmune disease.Body’s natural immune system attacks itself. The connective tissues are the structural segments of our body that hold the cells together. They are composed of collagen and elastin. Diseases of that tissue often involve the joints, cartilage and muscles. That’s why it’s often treated by rheumatologists. Undifferentiated connective tissue disease means that your condition doesnt’t have symptoms of one specific disease. You may never develop a fully definable condition at all. Undifferentiated connective tissue disease can affect many different parts of the body, so there are different symptoms. For example, common signs are weight loss, fatigue, joint pain and muscle pain.

Undifferential Connective Tissue Disease is very serious condition and since ranch has already given you all the needed info about it I don’t see reason why I should repeat it. Although, I am not sure why your doctor didn’t explain to you what you should expect and the treatment option which he is going to perform.

Anyhow the most of the therapies are focused on the symptoms and they are usually treated with pain killers such as acetaminophen and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen for musculoskeletal symptoms, such as joint and muscle aches or pains. Also there is therapy which includes topical corticosteroids such as creams, lotions or gels that have anti-inflammatory action. I hope this was helpful.