Hi there, I'm a medical student and I attend 4th year of medical studies.
Just the other day, with our professor of biology we talked about human behavior. We discuss a lot about things that separate a man from an animal.
At the end of his lecturing, professor gave some assignments to everyone of us.
The subject of my assignments was human ethology. I must admit that I have never heard about such a thing.
I did some research on it and I found out that it’s has to do something with animals and I was wondering where are humans in all that.
If anybody has more information about this, please do not hesitate to provide me because I'm desperate to find out anything about it.

Well, it is totally reasonable that you found connection between ethology and animals because, primary, ethology is the zoological study of animal behavior.
Ethologists have a special interest in genetically-programmed behaviors known as instincts.
There are two main theories in ethology. Some hold to the view that animals, including humans, learn all their behavior during the course of ontogenetic development, and some are claiming that all animal behaviors are built-in and not learned.
While the course focuses primarily is on animals, it explores the intersection of human ethology and animal behavior, because there are many similarities between the two disciplines.
Human Ethology is a subdiscipline of Biology that studies the biological bases of behavior.
Charles Darwin is a pioneer in setting the basis for human ethology because ethological theory draws upon Darwin's theory of evolution.
If you don’t like laboratory work than you are very lucky because ethologists prefer experiments in natural settings to those conducted in laboratories.
Good luck with your assignment!