I have heard for few cases of men who had enlarged breasts. They also had sparse facial and body hair, small testes, and inability to produce sperm. A friend told me it is genetic disorder called Klinefelter syndrome. It sounds interesting to me so I would like to hear something about this syndrome. Can you tell me is that common disorder, and what is problem there?

Patients that are diagnosed with Klinefelter syndrome were discovered to have an extra sex chromosome, genotype XXY. They have this genotype instead of the usual male sex complement of the genotype XY. Klinefelter syndrome is the most common chromosomal or genetic disorder, which is associated with male hypogonadism and infertility. Klinefelter syndrome is defined classically by a 47, XXY karyotype with variants demonstrating additional X and Y-chromosomes. The syndrome is characterized by hypogonadism, which symptoms are small testes, azoospermia or oligospermia. Patients also suffer of gynecomastia at late puberty, psychosocial problems, hyalinization and fibrosis of the seminiferous tubules, and elevated urinary gonadotropins. The addition of more than one extra X or Y chromosome to a male karyotype results in variable physical and cognitive abnormalities in these patients. In general, the extent of phenotypic abnormalities such as mental retardation is related directly to the number of supernumerary X chromosomes. As the number of X chromosomes increases in patients, somatic and cognitive development are more likely to be affected. Because of Klinefelter syndrome, skeletal and cardiovascular abnormalities can become increasingly severe.

I think i might have KS!!! I just searched around today for why i have wide hips and i came across this medical term, and yes a lot of it's symtoms apply to me.

I am gonna turn 21 in a few weeks, too late for everything?

Well I am 54 years old male and known I had this problem for 30 years or so. The hormone treatments make you fat, very hard on liver too. I did try them for a while and gave them up. It helped me a little. One thing I know people will tease you and treat you bad because of your chest problem.