Klinefelter's syndrome is among the most common genetic disorders in males. In this disorder, males may not fully develop secondary male sexual characteristics such as the size of the testicles and the penis, a deeper voice, and body hair and usually cannot father children without using special fertility methods...About 1 in 500 to 1 in 1,000 male babies is born with Klinefelter's syndrome.

If it's so common, why have I never known anyone with this problem? I'm talking about the deep voice and body hair part. I'm not one to go around scoping out another guy's "package".

OK, someone has been Googling snpei here.

and what about those of us with the opposite problem? voice is very deep and other things are, um well, extremely um.....large.......

Klinefelter's is a chromosomal abnormality - the male has XXY chromosomes instead of XY. They have underdeveloped testes and are typically taller than ususal, and about 50% of them develop breasts. As for the lack of a deep voice and body hair...surely you've seen some effeminate males at some point? Male models for instance, or...Michael Jackson??

Yeccchh!!!! I was going to volunteer to do some research, population samples, stuff like that.....but NO THANK YOU!!!!

Just be glad this Klinefelter got it before you did. Otherwise they would be calling it Purple Hayes syndrome. 8O

That would be Fragile X Syndrome - one of the leading causes of mental retardation.
Men really are the weaker sex - that single X puts thems at risk for all kinds of things.