Hello, guys. My friend had some elbow deformity and he has been recently diagnosed with cubitus valgus. I must admit that I have never heard about this condition before, so I would like to find out something more. I would appreciate if someone could tell me what was causing this condition. Thanks for all your help.

Hello to you too. Cubitus valgus is the deformity of the elbows. Here, elbows are oriented outwards. If it is present at birth, it is caused by Turner syndrome or Noonan syndrome. Both are genetic disorders. In Turner, there is one X chromosome less than normal. Instead of XX, they only have X0. Noonan syndrome is something like male form of Turner syndrome. Besides cubitus valgus, there are other signs and symptoms which make these syndromes very serious. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I agree with the previous post, but that is only one part of the story. There is also acquired form of elbow valgus. It mostly caused by imbalance of substances that are important for proper bone development. Those would be vitamin D, calcium and phosphorus. I guess the etiology is similar to rickets. Your friend should discuss more details with his doctor. I hope everything will be all right. Good luck with all! Bye!