I have a cousin who told me he started to receive Lupron. He explained this to me as a injection he just has to take. I wonder why he is such a mysterious, so I want to ask you more about this. Can you tell me what Lupron is and why he is prescribed to take it? I would appreciate any answer, because I am worried about him, I see he does not want to tell me the truth.

Lupron injecton is indicated in the palliative treatment of advanced prostatic cancer. I think you would like to know how it offers an alternative treatment of prostatic cancer. This drug is recommended when orchiectomy or estrogen administration are either not indicated or unacceptable to the patient. The objective response to treatment was similar for the two controlling groups. Interesting is that Lupron is not active when given orally. In the majority of patients testosterone levels increased above baseline during the first week of Lupron treatment. It is reported and declining thereafter to baseline levels or below by the end of the second week of treatment. This transient increase was occasionally associated with a temporary worsening of signs and symptoms. This is usually manifested by an increase in bone pain at patients that are receiving Lupron. In a few cases a temporary worsening of existing hematuria and urinary tract obstruction occurred during the first week of Lupron usage.