About three years ago, I developed blood in my urine after lifting heavy items. After numerous tests, the doctors found that it was coming from my left kidney. This was all they found. Everything else (blood tests, urine samples, scans etc.) came back normal. They eventually diagnosed it "idiopathic hematuria". I was consistently urinating blood for a good two years and it just disappeared on it's own. That was two years ago.

Two weeks ago it came back. I did absolutely nothing to aggravate anything. No heavy lifting, no exercising, nothing. Again, the doctors are stumped. Hoping it was a bladder infection the doctors put me on antibiotics for a week. Nothing. There was still obvious blood in my urine. No pain, no discomfort. I've been drinking lots of water during the past couple of weeks not knowing what else to do. They have already referred me to the specialist doctor (the same doctor i saw a couple of years ago).

So the reason for my post is to see if anyone else out there has been through this before. Blood in your urine with absolutely no pain or discomfort.

Confused,

Amy.

Hello Amy,

this disease is simple like this - it goes away in silence and when you think that you are over it, it is back again. This is what happens when you are dealing with UTI and kidney stones problems. Sometimes it is really difficult to find a blood in urine treatment because it seems to me that, no matter what you do or which antibiotics you are using, it comes back at least once a year.  But any blood in urine is usually a sign of some health condition that needs to be examined. Also, if you ignore hematuria, unfortunately, it can lead to the worsening of very serious conditions like cancer and kidney disease. So, don't give up until you find the real reasons and the real treatment for you. If that means that you need to see your doctor every single day, do it!

GOOD LUCK!

i am a 41 year old female and have been experiancing blood in my urine since the evening of removing a large downed tree limb. I too have no pain or discomfort I have no insurance so I am online looking to see if there is anything I can do at home to help myself. If you have any information please post back I am trying not to have to go to the emergency room if at all possible.

Blood in urine can be caused by urinary tract infection, kidney disease, kidney stones, strenuous exercise, a tumor in bladder, prostate or kidney and genetic diseases. If the blood in urine lasts for a really long time, there's a good chance that you have suffered from some kind of unknown disease, just can't decide what it is. I am shocked by both of you, if you left your condition untreated, I don't know what will happen. But still, hope everything will be fine and you can deal with your insurance as soon as possible. You can also E-mail me, hope I do help you. _[removed]_