Hi, guys. My mother had some moles that changed in strange way, so we visited a doctor. After some tests, she was diagnosed with melanoma. A doctor recommends radio therapy for her case and I hope it will work. Can someone give me more info on this matter? I will really appreciate it.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that. It all depends at which stage your mother’s melanoma is. Since she requires radiotherapy, it means that cancer is in advanced stage. Radiotherapy uses high energy X rays to destroy cancer cells and prevent them from spreading. Fatugue is a common side effect, but it will pass. It can also affect normal cells with high rate of growth and division. You should consult your mother’s oncologist for more details about her disease in order to find out what to expect. Sometimes radio treatment is used palliative – to stop worsening of the symptoms. I hope this helps. Good luck!