I need advice on one matter. I was prescribed with Lupron and I think it is causing me problems with my immune system. Since I am on Luprom I have been down with flue twice! Could lupron be causing me immune system problems?

Hi!
This relation between lupron and your immune system could not be excluded, but it seems strange to me. Lupron is a long acting form of of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH). This hormone is normaly released from the hypothalamus and it is referred as agonist. Lupron is used for treatment of different medical problems, such as prevention of premature LH surges with Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART); anemia caused by bleeding of uterine leiomyomas (tumors in the uterus); central precocious puberty (CPP); pain due to endometriosis in women.
As said above, Lupron is similar to a hormone released normally from the hypothalamus gland that is why connection between Lupron and immune system problems should not be excluded.

Lupron causes alot of problems – I’m disabled because of it and did alot of search.

It weakens our immune system (just do a search on PubMed and you’ll find the studies proving this), can even cause autoimmune reactions, not to speak about the neurologic symptoms, fibromyalgia, muscle and joint pain as well as endocrine disorders of any kind. GnRH agonists act on the pituitary and may even cause pituitary apoplexy (or infarction). All the other glands depend on the pituitary... so the damage can be huge...

I have fibromyalgia, neuropathy, horrible headaches, dizziness, tinnitus, orthostatic hypotension because of this drug.
You may have no side effects for a few months, but this may change very rapidly... So avoid this drug ; it’s not a cure, offers no real benefits, but there are huge risks to develop some serious diseases. Just too risky !

You see all over Lupron victim groups ; ours is in France, where Lupron is called Enantone. We’ve set up a petition for the European Medicine Evaluation Agency (the european FDA) because we want to have some studies done by experts who are not paid by Takeda Abbott...

First of all, we want a safety study ! We’re not guinea pigs !
Everyone who agress with these claims is welcome to sign the petition
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/LupronVictims

Our victim group : fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/VictimesEnantone
VictimesEnantoneATyahoogroupes.fr
Good luck to you !
Livia

I am pretty positive my 13 months on Lupron caused my MS and my Thyroid to stop working. Plus, it was expensive and the insurance company received settlement monies from a lawsuit over the price, but my health insurance never covered any cost of the drug - so where was my settlement money. ($1,500 a month and all I got was MS)

I have the same symptoms as you. Have you found any help?