Hello! I have diabetes for several years. My doctor told me that I must to do microalbuminuria test. I want to know the main reason for performing this test. I have never before done it and I want to know something more about it. Doctor said that he will give me urine container for few days and that he would explain me everything then, but I am very impatient. Thank you!

Hello! It is normal that after few years of having diabetes do microalbuminuria test. This test is performing because of early detection of diabetic nephropathy. You will need to urinate in container (which you will get) upon arising in the morning to the next arising. You will need to keep this container on the cold place. After you collect urine, you will take it to your doctor. I can tell you that normal result for this test is 43 milligrams per day of albumin in urine.