For what is, Tizanidine HCL 4mg prescribed. I found that recipe in my wifes pocket. I was putting the cloths in washing machine and found it by accident. I would never mess with my wifes stuffs. Therefore, I explained my behavior, can you please, explain this Tizanidine HCL stuff. I am afraid that she is hiding something serious from me.

Thank you for the explanation, but it was not needed. Tizanidine HCL is muscle relaxant used in treating multiple sclerosis and other conditions such as spine or other injury. Doctors usually began with dosage of 4mg in order to avoid side effects. It is nice to know that some there are husbands who are worried about its wives. However I think that all this you should ask her.

Rx is from Latin meaning, "recipe"... They didn't speak the "King's English", and I'm sure they didn't say prescription, as they were more apt to get a recipe...

"are you going to tell your wife that you did so? Its tragic that two adults can't treat each other honestly and as equals, instead of resorting to assumptions, suspicion and sneaking around. In this case, I'd say that drug might indicate the need for a marriage counselor, as well."

The word "deplorable" is better directed at you, Dr. Judgement (i.e. guest quoted above). bryon needed some help, and you answer with judgement, spite, and elitism. This person may have a strained relationship and/or developmental issues concerning trust - or there may be a prior history of RX addiction in the family, and yet your answer is to put that person down and attack them? Deplorable is clearly a better description for you.

And since you've taken it upon yourself to put someone down for no good reason - allow me to retort. YOU are sad, and your goodness (if there is any in you at all) clearly comes with strings of venom attached. Were you abused? Are you an abuser? Look at yourself in the mirror sometime, and you should see that your need to judge others has consumed your ability to actually care about others. Self-centric judging individuals like yourself is the tragedy here.

I've just had back surgery 5 days ago, and can say without any judgement that Tizanidine HCL is a very powerful muscle relaxer. It should be treated with great respect, and can make you very sleepy. If you have an addictive personality (which i do) then it should not be popped like Advil - not even close! Only use as needed and even then try to wait as long as you can to take your next dosage, just to be sure your body/mind do not begin to depend on this medication. Hope your wife is feeling better by now, and/or has been rotated to a new drug by now if her problem is chronic. Cheers :-)

Those of you that criticized this person for asking a simple question need your mouths washed out with soap, no one should ever be criticized for wanting help with a medical question, no matter what the circumstances.

In the first place you have no idea of the relationship these people have, nor do you have the right to make a judgment about his method of seeking advice.

Shame on you! 8-|

Nothing wrong with doing a little research before approaching the wife. I beleive the OP was looking for an indication of whether his wife was potentially hiding something of importance or if this Rx was merely minor and incidental. My guess would be the latter, but if something more serious than a crick-in-the-neck perhaps she's simply trying to spare him worrying.

Folks,

This is a prescription drug that can be used as a very helpful relaxant. I've taken a 1/2 tab prior to sleep at night so that my body will relax and allow me to sleep. By the way, I have had Dystonia for 14 yrs. One symptom is that my body will jerk, cramp and generally keep me awake. Not fun, also makes you feel as if you'd run a marathon and gotten nowhere.

Just ask her about it.

Some concerned husband doing laundry was concerned about what he found in his wife's pocket, so why so many with discouraging answers. How can anyone ask for advise on this site to receive some of the replys with no empathy at all. What has happened to people. When someone in need of an answer and is that much concerned about his wife, what he gets is go for marriage help. I hope he goes to another site that can be more concerned. Some nationalities even woman keep to themself if they got a sprain as not to upset a spouse. They keep a high lip til that injury is gone or if it gets worse, then would discuss it with their significant other. I was prescribed that medication for an injury. I did take as prescribed. It is a good muscle relaxant that does work. It was prescribed by my neurologist. On the other hand, we have some spouses that have a wife and expect them to do all even if they are hurting. I give this man a lot of credit and courage to ask a site this question, hopefully he did not listen to some of the advise given to him. Yes he should ask his spouse what he found, but as I said some cultures have an stiff upper lip and hold their pain in til they need to worry their partner. That could be caring too not hiding a pill as not to worry her husband if it is a condition that will be for a short time. I say there should be more partners that care that way of each other, there would be less divorce. It sounds as though he respects his wife and does not want to jump to any conclusions. Most of, none of us know this couple, who are we to judge, give advice or assume anything. He asked a simple question. A simple answer would of been sufficient. Answer the question. Like the drug is a muscle relaxant, can be given to people with MS, yes, but for other muscle spasm conditions for it does work. Then nicely tell him to ask his wife if she is okay and tell the truth. He reached out might of been frightened, when someone said MS, thinking his wife was told she has it. So I was always taught never assume anything. The field I worked in it was the first thing taught. It would be nice too if anwering a person's question to have some empathy. Why abruptly answer in a harsh manner. Did these people just have an argument with their spouse? Have a drug problem? No, that is assuming. If more of us were nicer to each other I think all come out winners. Why come and advertise a site when negativity is there. Most would not return or get the wrong or bias answer. If you don't know the whole story, how can you assume. Just answer what this person asked for. It was ADVISE. I do hope he did not take some of the harsh answers given to him harshly. He asked a genuine question and was concerned. So the answer to his question should of showed concern and not judgement. If more of us were nice and respected each other more, there would be less discord in this world. Life is short, so try to be kind, believe me it goes a long way. ?

Guest wrote:

The fact that you've chosen to bring this to total strangers, versus a simple, honest (and caring) conversation with your wife is sad indeed. So now that you have an answer (which didn't mention that it's also prescribed for something as minor as leg cramps while sleeping - not *only* MS) are you going to tell your wife that you did so? Its tragic that two adults can't treat each other honestly and as equals, instead of resorting to assumptions, suspicion and sneaking around. In this case, I'd say that drug might indicate the need for a marriage counselor, as well.

And FYI, it's a prescription - recipes are for cookies. 0.o

Deplorable...

sir i would have done the same. i found out my wife was abusing some pills and it caused her bad problems leading to a divorce..Good checking sir. now you don't need to have a chance of an augment. and only you know now... good going sir.

Good Lord,it was a simple question...but why didn't you just look it up on the web?It can be used for something as simple as sleep problems,no big deal.
Most ppl would have just asked the wifie tho...
Nice of you to do the wash:)

I wish I had been more proactive. Maybe I wouldn't be visiting my wife in a rehab center for abusing this family of drugs.

I myself take this med very sprangley...and let me tell ya after 20 min im ready to go to sleep and I dont feel the pain until ive awaken! its nothing to play with for sure, Some ppl perfer this over alot of other pain medications! Leave the guy alone I dont blame him for asking about it, cause I would wana know myself! :!:

Awesome 4 you for being concerned about your wife, Two thumbs up. PPL are assholes and its your right to be concerned AND INFORMED. Its about a prescription medication and not something so little to just ignore, I think that its sad she couldnt tell you if she is taking any medications especially prescribed muscle relaxers which does help with sleep too but if taken wrong you wont wake up either. So be concerned and you did the right thing, There is never a such thing as a wrong question but do your research because there are always alot of wrong answers!!!! You are a family man and I respect your perfectly reasonable question... 

i agree I TAKE THIS MED NOW FOR restless leg S thank you and it works

Some people use these to get high with.... Just an FYI