I am 34 years old and I am very active when it comes to sport and physical activity. But that has its price and from time to time I have to deal with muscle strain. When I was younger I did not pay much attention to is, but it does not pass that quickly lately and I have started using carisoprodol. Is that drug habit forming?

Carisoprodol is a medication that is used to help with all sorts of muscle conditions. It is a relaxant that gives its best in skeletal muscles. It stops the pain caused my muscle problems. Still, you have to be aware there are some side effects and those might be quite problematic: headache, dizziness, stomach problems and allergic reaction. As for addiction it is not recommended for patients that already have addiction problem.

Hello Angelo, Hope you are doing well. Further to answer you, my reply is yes carisoprodol is a drug with habit forming behavior if used for long. This is why doctors prescribe this drug with only 3 to 4 weeks use. As prolonged use of this medicine can cause addiction in the user and also withdrawal syndrome. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I was prescribed somas for about 5 to 6 years. Then when the pain medication paranoia took root my Dr asked if I would be willing to try tizanidine. I said sure. I changed over without any side effects. I have a severely damaged spine and it works great for my nerve damage. So the dependacy may depend on the people taking it and if they have substance issues, like smoking cigarettes, overeating to the point of morbid obesity, alcohol use, gambling, sex addiction, and all the other addictions. It basically depends on the person not the medication