Seriously, should two reasonably sized adults be going through 12-16 litres of milk a WEEK? (That's roughly 4 gallons for you metric-phobes).
I made need to buy a dairy cow at this rate....

I could do it! I love milk. My roommate and I go through about 1.5-2 gallons on a good week.

It's the cat's fault and they should be punished.

Milk consumption varies wildly for me. It's mostly dependent on what I am eating, but I've gone through a gallon of milk in 2 days. On average it's about a gallon a week.

I think the chai may be to blame. Mmmmm chai.....
I must have the world's strongest bones.

That's what I would go through if I ever bought the second gallon when I run out of the first.
Whole milk, perchance?

Whole milk, perchance?
gawd, no. 1%. We'd both be big as houses if it was whole milk!

Whole milk, perchance?
If it ain't whole milk, you ain't drinking milk. :P

:1: That's what I tell my wife!

I went to a taste-test at the dairy store on campus. The offered free ice cream to anyone who did it, so that was my motivation. I had to expend some effort keeping it down; it was terrible. I've had the Silk on cereal and it wasn't bad, but it just wasn't milk.

I have read that milk consumption is not good for humans 

You're reading the wrong stuff.
A gallon a week for me. Whole of course.

It makes the best hot coco in the world. Smooth and creamy. I don't drink it any other way.

Sheldon

Skim milk ROCKS! Between my son and I (pre-pregnancy) we could go through a gallon in less than a week. My husband has lactose issues so he doesn't touch the stuff and I rarely cook with it so we are talking just drinking it and putting it in cereal. We have cut back considerably since I've become pregnant because this baby is totally against milk!

...and ice cream. :(

I'm a 2% girl, but love the vitamin D stuff... just my hips love it more!