Hello! My nephew is coming to spend the next summer with us. I know it is a bit early to plan for that but I am very excited about his visit since we live so far apart that I get to see him every two or three years only. I last saw him when he was three years old and this summer he will already be seven. I want to plan his stay to perfection. One big problem though is that he is lactose intolerant, and I would really like to make some home made sweets for him. I know that he can drink soy milk and I will make some cake with it but does someone know any nice ice cream from soy milk?

Hello! I also don’t eat dairy although for some completely different reasons. I therefore found an alternative way to make ice cream by using soy milk and tofu. You’ll see how easy it is to make delicious soy ice cream. This soy ice cream is dairy free, does not use refined white sugar and is all natural, yet it tastes like the kind of ice cream you would buy in the store. You`ll need 2 cups of soy milk, 8 ounces of soy yogurt, tofu, 1/3 of a cup of maple syrup and some fresh fruit of your choice ( personally I prefer blueberries). You must have an ice cream machine though. Mix the milk, yogurt and tofu together until you get the smooth texture. Add maple syrup and fruit and mix it a bit more. Pour the soy mixture into the ice cream maker and when the paddle or motor start moving more slowly the ice cream is almost finished. You can then put it in the freezer and in an hour or so enjoy its great taste!

Hello! Me and my daughter are both lactose intolerant but that does not prevent us from enjoying the ice creams. I make some at home from the ice cream powder I buy at any supermarket and soy milk. The recipe suggested also sounds good and I will try it for sure. In some big supermarkets you can even find already made soy desserts which are fabulous, so if you ever get tired of preparing them yourself you can just take out your nephew to the supermarket and let him choose one to buy for him.