I’ve been diagnosed with chronic GERD and a number of other intestinal problems, some of them caused by too much stomach acid, like acid reflux that’s started to damage my esophagus, while others cause me intestinal and bowel problems. The latest ant-acid proton pump inhibitor I was prescribed is Dexilant, and I’ve been on most of them already (from Zantac, Protonix to Nexium).

However, during this time I’ve been on Dexilant which I take together with probiotic and ranitidine, as needed, I’m starting to experience for me really unusual weight gain - 10 lbs in a month! It started when I’ve started taking Dexilant, so I’m wondering how common is this side effect of Dexilant?

Have you changed your eating habits in any way in recent time - like being able to eat more, less GERD and acid reflux symptoms after most meals...? There might be a good chance that your weight gain is coming from Dexilant working in preventing most of your stomach issues, so you'll able not only to eat more, but to get most of the useful nutrients from the food you eat.

If you're not having any other side effects from Dexilant, mention the weight gain at your next appointment with GI specialist, and maybe you just managed to find the medication that will effectively help you manage your stomach problems.

I've gained 10 pounds from dexilant as well! It started right when I started taking it as well. Calling my doctor tomorrow!

Did you lose the weight after getting off of dexilant?

I gained 15 pounds after taking dexilant...I took dexilant in May 2015..I did not realized that until now..I posted my photo very often online..My friend told me I was getting fat started in the end of June2015,which I posted my traveling photo online that time......I m feeling getting fat after I took dexilant....I eat the same thing always ...I was never a fat person before I took dexilant..Sigh.

I have gained almost 15 lbs. In a month after starting dexilant! I eat small amounts of food & for the most part, nothing has changed...frustrated because i had lost the weight prior.

I just quit Dexilant 2 months ago after about 1.5 years. I came across this post since I was just researching if it caused weight gain...because I feel thinner and my clothes are fitting better. I have not changed my diet/lifestyle at all...if anything I was eating worse the past month. I feel less bloated and my face is noticeably thinner in pictures.

I will say that Dexilant was the best for heartburn. I could eat habenaro, beer, chili, red hot, spaghetti and pizza in a sitting at 10pm and not notice anything when going to bed. The pepcid I'm taking now does not work as well.

I also gained 10 lbs. I was horrified by this. I will be seeing a surgeon for this next week. I am a bit scared!

Are you having the links surgery

Hi my name is Denise I have been taking Dexilant for 6 years. From 60 mg to 30. Yes I have gained weight I went to a surgeon who deals in this it is a band they put around So that no acid can come up when you swallow the food goes down then it closes up and no Acicate, Dr. Rosner I was in Georgia I met him he was the one who came up with this and I think it’s really cool Bct as I saw it on Dr. Oz this is something really great so this is something you can look forward too it’s really cool I wish you all the best luck and please do keep in contact with me my email number is addresses delicious 779 l@gmail.c so that no acid can come up when you swallow the food goes down then closes up and no Acicate, Dr. Rosner I was in Georgia I met him he was the one who came up with this and I think it’s really cool Bct as I saw it on Dr. Oz this is something really great so this is something you can look forward too it’s really cool I wish you all the best luck and please do keep in contact with me my email number is addresses my e-mail is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private information such as name, phone number or email address is not allowed in order to protect your privacy*** Please read our Terms of Use
Also they have an alkaline diet online that you can download and their foods on there if you stated if they have a really nice dish with pasta and it’s shrimp and it’s really delicious and you can make this up for yourself and I’m telling you it’s really good you want to try it if you’d like these things that these are all helpful into yet the surgery I hope I was some help to all the ladies OK thank you and have a nice evening

Did anyone loss weight after getting off dexilant

I have. Gained. 10 pounds. In 6 weeks sinvr taking dexilant in the belly area

absolutely true, me too, change meds.