ive been taking Lysine for a month
2 1000mg a day spread out morning and before bed [empty stomach]
[for cold sores]

ive also been taking Zinc every other day after dinner.

ive read that Lysine is a protein? and body builders use it to bulk up?
I notice that I gained some weight.

also when taking Zinc I have to eat extra so I don't get sick
making me eat double what I usually eat at dinner.

Could these be the reason why I gained weight?

Taking Lysine and Zinc is going to help your body to fight against the herpes simplex virus who is causing cold sores and genital herpes. It is scientifically proved to slow down the growth of the herpes virus so continue to help your body in this fight. As for gaining the weight there are no side effects of taking Lysine and Zinc which are related. But if you are eating more late in the evening that could be the reason so instead of eating some junk food maybe you should take some salad. It is not like you are hungry anyway, you are eating just because you want to avoid being sick so it doesn't matter what it is. I hope that you will resolve your problems with gaining weight and with cold sores and herpes. If not you should visit your doctor just to be sure what is happening.  

It is l-lysine which oppens appetite & has anabolic affect on weight

I gained weight while taking this vitamin. As soon as I stopped taking it I started losing the weight I gained on it.

How much weight did you gain and over what length of time had you taken the vitamin

I have been very slender all my life and I started taking L lysine for its health benefits and have gained a lot of weight! It has made me eat triple what I normally do! They also prescribe L Lysine to anorexic patient's to eat more! Trust me it makes you eat a lot!I needed the weight but now its time to take something else!

I 've been taking L-lysine for 8 days now and gained 3 lbs. Since lysine helps to build muscle, muscle mass is heavier than fat and thus the weight gain. Just my opinion but I could be wrong

Pharmascience Health Gainer for contains calories in bulk and Weight Gain
A Health Gainer is a Pharma science - the Indian Ayurveda product. It is basically a weight work additive product which generally comes in a powder form which contains calories in bulk. It is full of proteins, fats and carbohydrates which gives your body an ultimate improvement and a muscular growth.
For more visit
..............................................................
PHARMASCIENCE – THE INDIAN AYURVEDA

So this is very accurate on the weight gain and building of the muscle I just started taking them this is my 2nd day how many should be taken a day one? And how soon should I expect to see results? Also would you say this very supplement is a minor steroid?

Try yogurt capsules, they are great for cold sores...

What brand of lysine did you take?

I am eating the same amount of food but also gained 3 lbs. and feel bloated. I am going to stop taking Lysine and see if I can lose some of this weight! Thanks for your input.