Hi! I need to ask you something about epidural. I’m eight months pregnant and I’m planning to take epidural during my delivery. I think it’s good solution for me because I’m really afraid of pain. My friend told me that she had problem with feet swelling after epidural. Would epidural cause feet swelling after delivery?

I had epidural during my second delivery. I didn’t have any problem with swelling but I had headache. I remember that my friend told me about women who had a lot of problems after epidural. She has a huge pain in a back and her feet were swelling. But I’m not sure that was happening because of epidural.

I just delivered my first baby on two days ago on Tuesday, 9-15-09. I had an epidural and my feet and ankles are very swollen! Especially my left one. I asked my nurse about it before I went home today and she told me it is from the epidural. She said it's because they have to give you so much fluids in your IV while giving you the epidural and so after all that fluid goes to your feet/ankels cause of gravity or something and then she said it takes about a week for it to go through your kidneys then you pee it out. :-( NOT COOL!