I had a C-Section done 5 days ago. When I woke today, there was blood coming out of the incision. I called the doc and she told me to put Neosporin on it and gause. My first labor was vaginal, so I didn’t know what to expect. My feet are also swollen and I don't know if this is normal. I would like to hear some other experiences with c-section. All replies are welcome!!!

Hey! I was lucky not to have many complications after c-section. My feet were swollen, and it took some time for the opening to heal but that was all but I hear many women have infections and drainage.

Hi Guys,

My wife had a c-section last week Tuesday and delivered a beautiful baby girl. Around Saturday, she started to notice her feet was swollen. I found an article at pregnancy.org that suggested it may had to do with her body retaining water. However, she found other material that suggested it was the anti-inflammatory/pain killers she was taking. She has since switched to taking ibuprophen for the pain and the swelling seems to be going down.

Cheers!
Austin

I had my C-Section 6 months ago, and I can remember the side effects vividly. I had no feeling around my incision (and still dont to this day), I was retaining water(which caused my feet and face to swell, it literally felt like I was walking on water balloons..lol..I had headaches and the pain was inbearable. Not saying this to scare anyone, just being honest. Anywho, if you have any questions at all, please dont hesitate to ask.

i just had a c-section a week ago and am having to deal with face and feet swelling and not to mention my body looks abnormally tiny. I delivered a baby of roughly 3.5kg but it looks like all this time i was pregnant it was just him I was feeding am so ridiculously small and i wonder whether this is just what it looks like now but i will return to normal. Does your body just re-adjust or do you need medication for the swelling?

I had a csection on April 10th. Everything looked normal till a week later the incesion got a blood clot in it. They had to reopen it and scrape the clot out. Now I have an open incesion, they said they couldn't restich it once it opened. I have to pack it with gauze and strips everyday. It has gotten a little smaller.
Just wondering if anyone had any idea when this might completely heal? It has been going on for over two weeks now.
Thanks

I had a c-section 11 years ago, I left the hospital four days later and ended back in the hospital for about 3 weeks because my incision got infected. After 3 weeks with the incision still not completed healed I was able to go home, but had to return to hospital every day to change the dressing, this went on for about 2 months. So 11 years later I have no feeling around the incision every now and then drainage will leak. Such a horrible experience I had but my beautiful daughter was worth it!

I also had a C section on March 26th. I was induced but labor was niot progressing so they had to "open it up". I had swollen legs for about 2 weeks (i received about a galoon of fluids during my failed induction). My incision didn't heal well. They had to open up a spot, i had to pack it and it stayed like that for about 2 months.....

I had a c-section on May 1, and was back in the OR having it repaired and stapled 1 week later. I had a reaction to the stitches and set up an infection because it wouldn't close. As for the swollen feet/body. Petosin can cause you to swell badly, and it can take a while to go away. In my case I went into labor and was given a dose to move things along. I was completely dilated but his head would not fit through my pelvis. Once the baby is delivered by c-section they give you another dose to contract the uterus. This makes the swelling even worse.

I just delevery a beautiful baby the 13 of June by C-section. After the baby was born and I went home and my feet and legs swelled so much it feel like water bags. My feet and ankle were like bubbles. I went to ER and the told me it was normal, I was given blood pressure meds because it was said that I developed preclamcia after birth. My legs were scanned but no blod clots were found, my incision feels numb and still leaks. What I fould that helps me is slow walking and raising my feet up above my heart to circulate the fluid while in bed and continue to take pain meds and of course prayer I have seen results!!

I had my son on June 7...my incision came open when they removed my staples the day I was to be discharged. My husband has to pack it 2 times a day. Does anyone know how long this should take to fully close? Thanks for the help...

I had a c-section 4 days ago. I had drainage from the incision, my legs and feel swell up, i have been having unbearable pains that feel like labor pains in my lower abdominal region. they come and go sporadically. This is my second c section in the last two years.My first c section caused similar but much less painful sensations. Also I had dissolvable internal and external stitches. I was prescribed vicodin for pain that i did not even take. This time i have dissolvable internal stitches and staples on the outside. i was prescribed percocet and ibuprofen for pain and i am taking them on a consistent basis.

I had my staples removed from the incision site one week after my c-section. That night, I began leaking a LOT of fluid and blood, almost as if my water had broken again! I was really scared, but I spoke to the doctor, and he assured me it was normal. Often, fluid collects right beneath the incision, and it can burst through at any time. I was told to keep it dry (after I mopped up the mess!), so I used a sanitary napkin on the incision site, and it pretty much drained and dried up overnight. I had the doctor check it the next morning, and it was fine. It leaked a little bit for another day or so, but after that it closed up and healed on its own.

It's been three weeks, and my legs and feet are still swelling, but it is less and less every day.. It's annoying, but I do see improvement when I get up and walk more.

I very nearly had to have the same procedure done for an infected incision, and my doc told me it would add three months to my healing time. :(

I had a c-section on June 13th. Everything was OK except a little swelling on my feet and legs. It took about a week for my swelling to go away. Drinking lots of water really helps. Stay away from salty food and put your feet up to get the circulation going.

as far as for my incision, it healed up fast. Just make sure you avoid pushing and lifting. Keep your cut dry at all times. I used hair dryer to dry my cut after shower.

hopefully, my experience help some of you out there. Just remember, do not force your self to do chores. If you feel some pain, stop and let someone else do the job.